It’s Jessica’s (How Sweet It Is) “Invisible Internet Friends Baby Shower!!!!” Today we are celebrating all things neon, sprinkles, and foods that are “trashed up”… and of COURSE the gorgeous momma-to-be, Jessica!
I had the pleasure of meeting Jess a number of times over the years through the food blogging circuit and got to spend an entire weekend with her (and some fabulous other bloggers) out in Carmel, CA sipping mojitos, eating our weight in s’mores, and stalking a Ryan Gosling “look-alike” (HUGE emphasis on the “”… but that’s another story.).
Anywho… one word to sum up Jess is VIVACIOUS. She is seriously one of the sweetest & most HILARIOUS people you will ever meet in your life. Like… you’ll probably pee your pants if you spend more than 5 minutes talking to her. For Real. In all seriousness, Jess is an absolute joy to be around and she is such a kind hearted person. Let’s be honest… the girl is BIG TIME when it comes to the food blogging world, but she never makes anyone feel “small” even if we have a little peanut blog in comparison to her. Which is ALL of us.
Jess… I am SO excited for you to meet your little baby!!! He/She is one lucky kid to have you as their momma! You got this girl!!!! Soak each moment up… it goes by in the blink of an eye! xoxo
OKAY. Enough sappiness… let’s get to my trashed up pizza – CHILI. CHEESE. DOG. PIZZA.
We had a “cold snap” the past couple of days, which in South Florida means we reached the upper 40’s at night and had lovely 65-70ºF sunny gorgeous daytime weather. Break out the boots and scarves ya’ll… it’s WINTER weather! (Yes, we are a bunch of wimps down here!). Anyhow, when it’s cold out… we make chili. LOTS of it. And because I’m a little overzealous I make enough chili to feed an army. So when coming up with an idea for my “trashed up pizza” I knew I wanted to incorporate some of the leftovers I’m currently rocking.
Then it dawned on me. Chili. Cheese. Dog. Pizza. When I was pregnant with Peyton, I ate like a daggum toddler. I loved everything cheesy and carb loaded.. and I craved hotdogs. Yep. This pizza is MADE for pregnant people. So in honor of Jess… I made this obnoxiously delicious goodness. You’re welcome.
Chili Cheese Dog Pizza
Yield: 1 Pizza
1 pound pizza dough
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon mustard
1 1/4 cup leftover chili
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
2 hotdogs, cooked and sliced*
1/4 cup finely diced onion
*Grill hotdogs or pan sear in a skillet over medium high heat until warmed through. Slice on a diagonal into 1/2" thick slices.
Preheat oven to 450ºF (if you have a pizza stone, preheat the oven with the pizza stone in the oven).
Mix together the sour cream and mustard in a small bowl and set aside. Next, warm the chili and set aside until ready to use (it doesn't need to be hot, just warmed enough that it's not still chilly from the fridge).
Lightly flour a clean surface and roll the dough out nice and thin (about 1/4"). I like to par-cook my crust before adding the toppings (it makes for a crispier finished product!). To do so: lightly dust the preheated pizza stone with a little cornmeal and then immediately place the dough on it. Poke the top of the dough with a fork (it will bubble up if you don't) and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes; just enough to make the dough "set" and begin to cook through but not brown at all. Remove the crust from the oven with a pizza peel and add toppings.
Spread the chili evenly across the crust, sprinkle with the shredded cheese, and add the hot dog slices on top. Gently place pizza back in the oven and bake until golden and bubbly (8-12 minutes) - keep an eye on it after 7 minutes or so as oven temperatures and altitudes vary cook time.
Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with diced onion just before serving. Garnish with Mustard/Sour Cream drizzle if desired! Enjoy!
Want to see some more “trashed up recipes” honoring Jessica? Check out these recipes from some other lovely ladies:
trashed up salads
- Gimme Some Oven – Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce
- The Lemon Bowl – Brussels Slaw with Tahini Dressing and Za’atar Crostini
- With Style & Grace – Kale Salad with Apple, Hazelnuts & Bacon
trashed up cocktails
- Dine & Dish – Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail
- Food For My Family – Cranberry Orange Dark and Stormy Cocktail
- Minimalist Baker – Bourbon Pumpkin Milkshakes
- Stylish, Stealthy & (sometimes) Healthy – Apple Cider Shandy
- A Spicy Perspective – Preggy Punch Mocktail
- Girl vs. Dough – Boozy Maple Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Honestly Yum – Maple Bacon Pisco Sour
- Cookin Canuck – Pink Grapefruit Margaritas
- A Thought For Food – Mezcal Citrico Cocktail
- A House in the Hills – Pomegranate Rosemary Spritzer
- The Novice Chef – Ginger Bourbon Apple Cider
- Bran Appetit – Citrus Cider Punch Floats
trashed up burgers
- Edible Perspective – Meatloaf Veggie Burgers with Mashed Potatoes + Gravy
- The Little Kitchen – Salmon BLT Sliders with an Avocado Aioli & Brie
- Daisy At Home – Balsamic Beef Burger with Mac and Cheese
- Cookies & Cups – Candied Bacon Maple Cheddar Burger
- Climbing Grier Mountain – Trashed-Up Steak Burger with Chicken Fried Bacon & Dijon Gravy
- Dessert For Two – Bleu Cheese Burgers + Sweet Potato Fries
- Country Clever – Fig Rosemary Roast Chicken Brie Brussels Sprout Panini
- Foodie Crush – The Best Cheeseburger Soup
- Lady and Pups – Spicy Sambal Chicken Meatball Sub with Eggs
- Two Peas & Their Pod – Sweet Potato and Kale Grilled Cheese
- Bake Your Day – Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
trashed up tacos
- Spoon Fork Bacon – Crunchy Ground Beef and Cheesy Tacos
- The Fauxmartha – Boozy Beef and Butternut Tacos
- With Food + Love – Harvest Hash Breakfast Tacos
- Mountain Mama Cooks – Crispy Kale and Brussels Sprout Tacos with Bacon
- Heather Christo – Bahn Mi Tacos with Spicy Sriracha Honey Sauce
- A Couple Cooks – Loaded Huevos Rancheros Tacos
- Fitnessista – San Diego Lobster Street Tacos
trashed up desserts
- Table for Two – Salted Caramel, Dark Chocolate, and Brown Butter Shortbread Bars with Sprinkles
- My Name is Yeh – Mini Vanilla Loaf Cakes, All Trashed Up
- Picky Palate – Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Sprinkle Cupcakes
- Sprinkle Bakes – Cake Batter Confetti Cupcakes
- Averie Cooks – Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
- Sweet Phi – Trashed Up Shortbread Cookie Bars
- Love & Olive Oil – Loaded Junk Food Brownies
- Lauren’s Latest – Bakery Sugar Cookies
- Cookie + Kate – Peanut Butter, Banana, Honey and Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourishing Foodie – Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- The Sugar Hit – Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream Cake
- Hummingbird High – Breakfast Cereal Cake Donuts
- Top With Cinnamon – Triple Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Crumb Cake
- Bake at 350 – Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sundaes
- Simple Bites – Lemon Layer Cake
- Bakerella – Baby Block Cake Pops
- She Wears Many Hats – Chocolate Covered Grapefruit
trashed up pizza
- Bev Cooks – Beer Battered Fried Calamari Pizza
- Rachel Cooks – Apple and Chicken Sausage Pizza with Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Crust
- Foodie With Family – Trashed Up Barbecue Turkey Pizza
- Shutterbean – Pesto Potato Bacon Pizza
- i am a food blog – Grilled Cheese Pizza
- My Life as a Mrs – Chili Cheese Dog Pizza
- Simply Scratch – Steak + Blue Cheese Pizza with Crispy Fried Shallots and Honey Balsamic Drizzle
- The Beeroness – Beer Cheese Tater Tot Pizza
- Yes I Want Cake – Roasted Pumpkin Pizza
- Two Red Bowls – Bacon Mashed Potato Pizza
- Dula Notes – Pork Bahn Mi Pizza
- Weelicious – Trashed Up Mexican Pizza Pockets
- Take a Megabite – Roasted Beet Pizza
- Hungry Girl Por Vida – Hard Cider Braised Pork with Sour Cherries and Cheesy Polenta
- Bakers Royale – Trash’d Street Tacos