Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Today is Mike’s 29th Birthday, and in honor of it I will blog 29 things I love about him
(This picture was from 3 years ago… Mike & I had JUST met on an airplane a couple of weeks before… Anyhow, I went to lunch with his parents, grandparents, and sister at Yard House. They drove down from Orlando to celebrate his birthday. Then, that night, Mike and I went to the South FL Fair- oh, young love ;0) haha )
Okay, the things I love about my husband, in no particular order:
29. His Eyes
28. He’s so handsome 🙂
27. His hugs… it’s like we just fit together- they are perfect
26. He loves my cooking & always tells me that!
25. His laughter… it’s contagious- I love it when we laugh so hard it hurts
24. His RANDOMNESS (he cracks me up!)
23. He has excellent TV taste… we love all the same shows which makes things simple!
22. His design taste – impeccable! It’s so nice to never have to argue over Decor/Furniture etc.
21. He is an extremely hard-worker
20. He gets up in the morning to let the dogs out & lets me sleep
19. He always helps me clean the house when company is coming over (& when I ask)
18. I can sit cuddled up with him on the couch after a long day and say nothing… bliss
17. His foot-rubbing skills 😉
16. He is so supportive of me & my diet… poor guy has had MANY nights lately where he’s been on his own for dinners
15. He splits Turkey subs with me at Subway- $5 footlong (even though he would probably pick something else)
14. He always helps with Laundry (the one chore i absolutely hate)
13. He is very creative… he impresses me with how he can turn an old junky piece of furniture into something that came out of a Pottery Barn Magazine!
12. He loves to work on projects (especially for the house) – sometimes it drives me nuts… but when I think about it, i realize how lucky i am that he is so willing to get projects done.
11. He stands in the cold and lets me have all the hot water in the shower 🙂 hah
10. He makes me feel safe. I can’t stand being in the alone in the house at night. I realize the
security I feel when Mike is there.
9. He fits in SO well with my family. Everyone has loved him from day 1. It’s so nice to see him and my brother joke around and laugh as if they are actually blood-related.
8. He does the dishes after I cook for him… this is such a wonderful treat! 🙂
7. I still get butterflies when I see him after a long day at work.
6. He is so loving and patient with me – even when I am in the crankiest of moods…
5. He is a spiritual leader – he still goes to bed at the same time as me so that we can pray together every night. He won’t miss a night even if one of us is out of town- he will call and pray right before we go to sleep. I love it.
4. He is a wonderful husband – the best actually (perhaps I’m biased). hah But seriously, i am so thankful for him every day. I’ve seen so many men that have not modeled the Biblical role that a husband should- i am so blessed to have Mike as my husband. I don’t take that for granted… not for a second.
3. He will make a wonderful father one day. I know this by the way I see him with our friends’ kids. And this may sound stupid- but also by the way he is with our dogs. heh
2. He is very trustworthy- it’s easy to trust and depend on him to make the ultimate “call” in big decisions for us (knowing that he keeps my best interest in mind)
1. He chose me to be his wife… (it still baffles my mind)
Mike- I love you… HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🙂