Tuesday, July 20, 2010
My first award!
I feel so truley honored to received an award for my little newbie blog! A fellow food blogger, Just Food Snobs, nominated me for the award. My jaw dropped and I was so so excited! Never did I think my little blog would be noted by other food bloggers that I hold with such high esteem! Super exciting!!! So thank you, Just Food Snobs! Ya’ll made my day! 🙂
The Guidelines for accepting this award are:
Thank the person who gave it to you
Tell 7 things about yourself
Pass the award on to 15 food bloggers whom you have recently discovered, and think are fantastic!
I am a 3rd generation Floridian girl- Born & Raised (there aren’t many of us down here in this “melting pot” of a state!)
I hate Sushi (I’ve tried & tried, but I just can’t get down w/ the Raw fish- or seaweed BLEH)
The hubs & I honeymooned in the Domincan Republic at the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana. Best vacation… EVER.
I am double jointed in my fingers (I can bend my thumbs backwards and touch my wrist – both ways).
The hubs is my official taste – tester (though he’s never disliked anything I’ve cooked- he’s a bit partial I suppose!)
Due to the invention of DVR – I have become a TV addict (I hate to read! It’s bad, I know.) – Current Favs: Bones, Modern Family, Burn Notice, Cougartown, House, Parenthood… etc…
- I was in the Honors Choir & Drama Class in Highschool (nerd). 🙂
- Eat Well Love Much Laugh Often – I have to give my first award out to my gorgeous friend Sarah who always has me drooling over her wonderful recipes & pictures! On her blog, she too, documents her life of newlywedded bliss! She is a fabulous cook (I can honestly say this as I have tasted some the delectable treats she has made!). Love you Sarah – you totally deserve this award!
- Picky Palate – This mommy blogger from California creates her recipes to please even the most picky of palates (her kiddos). I love her writing style, photos, and ideas.
- Perry’s Plate – I discovered this blog through Tasty Kitchen! This Californian Mommy / Wife food blogger is all about eating fresh unprocessed food and keeping refined sugars & grains to a minimum. Although, she does love the occasional splurge! I love her balanced approach… it’s all about the balance people! 🙂
- Pinch My Salt – Another Californian Food blogger with great recipes! I love her approach that cooking at home is not only more healthy, but also much more economical! I completely agree with that philosophy (hence the Menu Plans .
- Two Pea’s and Their Pod – Gotta love this is a hubby & wife cooking team from Utah! They post some fabulously delicious recipes!
- How Sweet It Is – This Pennsylvania based Foodie is also all about the balance. She was previously a personal trainer and is all about being fit. However, she allows herself the occasional sweet treat! Love it!
- Cupcakes Take the Cake – Love this site when I need to indulge my sweet tooth! 🙂 It’s all about cupcakes on this adorable site!
- Carrots n’ Cake – Another balance blogger! (Can you tell they are my favorites? hah) This Boston girl blog’s about healthy eating. She gives her tips & tricks to keeping things balanced and staying fit.
- Marketing Girl Eats Great – Another tasty blog! This Ohio marketing gal also has a passion for food. Check out her recipes & delicious photos!
- Maintaining that Healthy Balance – I can’t get enough of these healthy balance blogs! Love Love Love. This foodie blogs her daily eats to give others an idea of what a healthy diet looks like. She even does it while working an 8-5 job Monday-Friday. Anyone can do it, and this girl inspires me!
- More than a Mount Full – I know Chef Dennis has already received this award from someone else, but i had to mention his blog too! So Kudos to him for receiving this more than once! Check out his tasty recipes that have pictures to go along with them (it’ll make you drool)!
- Kacey’s Kitchen – This Foodie blogs from Florida (I mean, come on, I gotta love her already!). I love her witty writing style. Her recipes are accompanied by fabulous pictures (Which is HUGE for me, since I hate when recipes lack photos…)!!!
- Memorie di Angelina – A wonderful blog Inspired an Italian grandmother’s cooking! Yum. I adore Italian food… Check out this blog chalk full of delicious eats & lots of how-to photos!
- Bellalimento – A fabulous Italian blog by Paula! Her pictures are gorgeous and make you want to try the recipes immediately! She is a self-taught cook (like myself!). Stop on by her beautiful blog!
- Cookin’ Canuck – I’m loving this blog with step-by-step photos (did I tell you that I love recipes that are accompanied by photos?! hah) Go check out this lovely Canadian’s (now living in Utah) blog!