Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Cooking Demo

Okay, so I didn’t really take pictures at the Tasting Pavillion due to the knots of nervousness in my stomach. When I walked in on Saturday, I turned the corner to see this:

Um yes… an actual full working kitchen on a brightly lit raised stage (not exactly sure what I had been picturing in my head – but THAT wasn’t it) haha. Then the sound guy came up to us and showed us our microphone/headset options (MICROPHONE??? Gulp… [Heart begins pounding]). This was a LEGIT demo.
Anyhow, being the last person to do my demo, I was too nervous to think about taking photos of all the delicious food that was there. So if you’d like some fabulous re-caps, check out these ladies blogs: Kath’s Update or Brittany’s Update.
So I’m here to recap the demo’s in pictures :)
We arrived an hour before everyone else to meet up with the Electrolux ladies and Chef Joey Altman(who was SO super helpful).

We went to check out our ingredients and make sure everything was good to go. It was cool to see the “behind the scenes” steps that go into a demo.  Each of us had a tray with all of our ingredients labeled in plastic containers.

Beneath it was a bin that had all of our cookware/kitchen electronics.  A little while later the caterering staff came out and started putting the ingredients into the nice glass bowls that would actually go out onto stage with us.It was a good thing we went early because each of us was missing ingredients… so we let them know and it was taken care of prior to us hitting the stage.

They also made up some of the finished product for us (here are my parfaits):

Cool little side note: We each had our own recipe cards that Electrolux had printed up!! Super cool! That’s the first recipe of mine that was professionally printed!!! :)

Natalie was up first (she did a great job with her Cranberry Bruschetta):
Then Kath did her Figgy Wild Rice and Mushroom Sourdough Dressing next and did fabulously as well:
Then I was last with my Pumpkin Spice Parfaits:
Note: excuse the mid-sentence unflattering photos haha

Last I asked Chef Joey for a picture, and he obliged :)

Thanks again Electrolux for a fabulous trip!
I had a blast creating my recipe for everyone!

13 Responses to “My Cooking Demo”

Jackie — November 10, 2010 @ 12:47 pm

HOW FUN!! I'm glad you had a good time :)

Astrid — November 10, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

Just so you know, I think you did an excellent job! And the parfaits were super tasty! I bet you had so much fun up there.

Natalie — November 10, 2010 @ 6:53 pm

Such a great job and so fun to relive through your pictures! I can't wait to make this dessert!

the actor's diet — November 10, 2010 @ 11:24 pm

your parfaits were so beautiful! i'm just sorry i was too full to taste them :(

Amy — November 11, 2010 @ 7:28 am

So cool, Tina! I need to make this recipe ASAP. :)

katieshobbie — November 11, 2010 @ 7:34 pm

you looked so cute!!! i am so sad i couldn't be there to root for you in person. so proud of you and happy that you're famous now. :)

Pure2raw twins — November 12, 2010 @ 7:47 am

I am sad I did not get to try your pumpkin parfaits, I heard they were amazing!

I enjoyed hanging out with you on Sunday!!!! Next time I am near you in FL, we will have to get together!

~
    Michelle

• Kristina replied: — November 22nd, 2010 @ 10:31 am

it was so nice meeting/hangin out with you! I’m missing that cheese :) haha

Mariko — November 12, 2010 @ 2:45 pm

You did great. You had the perfect personality for this.
    Nice meeting you!

Lauren — November 13, 2010 @ 12:15 pm

Tina I wish I had the chance to try your parfaits. I'll have to make them at home since you made this look so stunning.

Nice meeting you at the gala dinner.

Elina (Healthy and Sane) — November 15, 2010 @ 7:50 pm

I'd be SO nervous if I had to do a demo. Sorry I missed yours – the sunshine was calling my name out on that rooftop.
    PS – it was really nice meeting you at the Ferry building dinner. Hopefully we can keep in touch :)

home health — November 24, 2010 @ 7:24 am

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

Kacey — December 8, 2010 @ 3:26 pm

Congrats! I don’t think I would be able to stand up in front of everyone and do that. You looked great in those pictures! Glad you had fun, maybe next year I’ll go!