Saturday, January 1, 2011
Bring on 2011!
Wow. How did 2010 fly by so FAST?! Today we recouped from our busy month of December doing a whole lot of this:
It was GLORIOUS! hah And then today the hubs was working on a big “Southern-Style” New Year’s meal that he wanted to cook for me Super Sweet of him!
On the Menu:
Spicy Pulled Pork Roast
Homemade Collard Greens
Homemade Mac n’ Cheese
Black Eyed Peas
Impressed? I sure was!!! It was DELICIOUS. My favs were the greens and the mac n’ cheese – the hubs killed it! Fabulous. Absolutely Delicious.
Alrighty, I’m ready to curl up on the sofa with the hubs, so I’ll leave you with some Goals/Challenges I decided to set for 2011- I’m not saying that I will complete or accomplish all of them, but I sure am going to give them a try!!
- Make Homemade Bagels
- Make Gnocchi (I now have a Potato Ricer thanks to my in-laws!!)
- Make Homemade Tortillas
- Make Homemade English Muffins
- Braise Something!
- Try out some Vegetarian Dishes (to incorporate more greens into my life!)
- Go to bed earlier so that I can read my Bible before going to sleep every night.
- Try to break up my cleaning throughout the week so that I don’t spend my entire weekend cleaning/doing laundry.
- Use my new Zumba DVD’s a few times a week
- Break out Wii Fit Plus more often
- Try out Yoga
- Eat more Whole Grains
- Drink at least 8 glasses (64 oz) of water each day – I am always SO dehydrated!
- Make an effort to post every day (or at least ever other day)
- Incorporate more “daily life” things into my blog (Home Decorating/Renovations, DIY Projects, The hubs’ beer brewing adventures, etc…)
- Be more interactive (Respond to comments, and comment on other blogs)
- Have the hubs do some guest posts (he’s a fantastic writer!)
- Grow my amount of readers!
To Do Challenges:
- Cultivate a fresh herb garden in my Kitchen window sill (Basil, Parsley, Mint, Scallions… etc)
- Get outside more often (take dogs for long walks, ride our bikes, hit up the beach… etc)
- Have a picnic with the hubs at the Jupiter Lighthouse
- Take a Camping Trip (or two!)
- Organize the garage: Find mounts and hang the surfboards and bikes up out of the way!
What are your goals for 2011??