Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Inspired

A quick side-note: Thanks to everyone who commented on the hubs’ first guest post! He was THRILLED. There is nothing like getting postive feedback from others and knowing that there are actually people out there reading what you have to say! Super cool! I’m thinking I may have the hubs make a more regular appearance with his cocktail recipes! He had a blast with it!

And let me tell you, the drinks he makes are PHENOMENAL… he’s become the official bartender at any event we hold – and also to events that we attend haha “Mike Mike… can you make me a  {insert choice beverage}” Poor guy ends up tending bar no matter where we are… He loves it though! :)

On to this past weekend:

I am feeling inspired. This weekend was such a huge encouragement to continue to do what I love – COOK (and share it with all of YOU)!  My brain felt like mush by the end of the weekend… there was so much useful information to absorb - it was unbelievable!

My favorite part though? Making so many new friends!! I am a social gal, so it was glorious meeting so many fab food bloggers!! I loved every second of it! It’s so fun putting faces with names and blogs!

The infamous Jaden was there (and she did a fab FBF re-cap here - I even made it into one of her photos!). She was so open and honest with us about how she got where she is today. I loved her words of wisdom.

Helene of Tartlette blew my mind with her photography and food styling tips!!! I had so many “Ah hah- that’s what that button on my camera does?!” moments!

Also, I finally met the super sweet Lindsay of Purr Design (she did my website design and helped me transfer it over to WordPress.org) – She totally rocks! If your in the market for some web design, you should definitely check her out! :)

I also met some local bloggers from the same city as myself (we will definitely be doing some meet-ups!): Michelle and Denise

*Sorry ladies, the pic I have of the 3 of us is horrific of me haha Definitely need a re-do! ;)

I could go on and on about the people I met… Dawn, Jaclyn, Jessica… It was absolutely fabulous. Need I say more?

11 Responses to “Inspired”

Maureen Cavanaugh Berry — April 12, 2011 @ 3:06 pm

Nice pix and article. #FBF Orlando was inspiring, my head’s still buzzing.

• Kristina replied: — April 12th, 2011 @ 8:00 pm

thanks Maureen – same here!!

Denise @ Creative Kitchen — April 12, 2011 @ 3:08 pm

It was SO great to finally meet you, Kristina (or do you prefer Tina? Last weekend was my very FIRST food blogger event, although you definitely looked like a seasoned pro! It was an incredible experience, and I am still pinching myself that I was able to attend. :) As a mom of 3 girls, I rarely get to “cool” parties like that. LOL!!

I am having SO much fun reading everyone’s recaps. Mine is still in the works. I have so many pictures I want to share & my posts usually only have 1-2 pictures at most, so editing pictures (as well as homeschooling my girls & life in general) is slowing me down. I do have a GREAT picture of you and I that I can email you. Email me so I can get your email address & I’ll send it your way.

It’s SUPER cool that we are pretty much neighbors & frequent so many of the same places. And since the weekend was jam packed, we’ll definitely have to get together for a meal out or something fun soon. :)

• Kristina replied: — April 12th, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

Same here Denise (Tina is fine b/t/w) ooo & email me the picture when you can, please (mylifeasamrs@gmail.com) – Dinner out sounds like a PLAN! :)

jaclyn — April 12, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

it was so great to meet you! i had such a blast at FBF! hopefully since we’re in the same state, we’ll run into each other sometime in the near future! <3

• Kristina replied: — April 12th, 2011 @ 8:04 pm

Ditto Jaclyn! It was so much fun hanging with you! Next time i’m in Orlando, we’ll have to go grab dinner! :)

michelle @ The Domestic Mama — April 13, 2011 @ 8:33 am

YAY! I loved this post! I’m sad I didn’t get a pic with you! :( Oh well, we will make up for that one day. I thought your hub’s post was cool, did you know he was going to do that? I’d pee my pants if my hubs did a post.
    Anyway… hope all us can meet up soon… there is a cookie bouquet class next week…hint,hint

Food Blog Forum – Orlando | Aggie's Kitchen — April 13, 2011 @ 10:48 am

[...] My Life as a Mrs [...]

Aggie — April 13, 2011 @ 8:33 pm

It was so great to meet you! Wish we had more time together!! My head is still spinning as well :)

Orlando Weekend with Food Blog Forum | WordFlux — April 15, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

[...] My Life as a Mrs – Inspired [...]

Orlando Weekend with Food Blog Forum | Delicious Wordflux — July 1, 2012 @ 8:46 am

[...] Pots and the Food Blog Forum Orlando inspired taste – Breakfast Rolls My Life as a Mrs – Inspired My Sweet Zepol – Food Blog Forum in Orlando, Florida Return to Sunday Supper – Food Blog [...]