Friday, May 13, 2011

Rosemary Infused Frozen Peach Bellini

It’s cocktail Friday everyone and it’s time for a little something sweet:

I am a man’s man.  I brew my own beer, I ride a vintage motorcycle (when it’s actually operational), I watch football on Sundays and I do (or at least start) my own home improvement projects.  As a man’s man, I will only order a beer or a cocktail.  I believe that mixed drinks and frozen drinks are NOT considered equal.

Well, my wife happens to enjoy those silly, umbrella and fruit laden smoothies, I mean frozen drinks, and I realize that the majority of the food blog demographic probably enjoys them as well.  Since you all received my manly citrus mint julep with open arms last week, I checked my pride at the door and decided to mix up one of Tina’s favorites:  the Peach Bellini.

Now, I couldn’t just throw some ingredients into a blender with ice and call it a good drink.  I gave it some thought and I decided to make the best, most flavorful and freshest tasting Peach Bellini, FROZEN style.  I wanted to incorporate a unique flavor so I stripped a few rosemary sprigs from the herb garden and got busy in the kitchen in hopes of wowing the food blogosphere and my wife.

Confession: I drank one of these frozen frou frous during Tina’s photo shoot because it was 90 something degrees outside and holding the light filter screen is hard work. Then I drank my second one because this drink IS SO GOOD.  HAHA.

What have I been thinking?  My tough guy persona has caused me to miss out on some potentially amazing drinks.  Next time I’m at the Tiki Bar in the peak of summer, I’ll tell my ego to go for a swim and order one of these.  It’s OK to like football and frozen drinks, right?

Do yourself a favor:  make this drink and double the recipe.  It takes longer to clean the blender than it does to whip up this little beauty.  If you don’t like or don’t have rosemary, then leave it out but I’m telling you, it takes this drink to a completely wonderful new level.

CHEERS!

The Hubs

Rosemary Infused Frozen Peach Bellini

Rosemary Simple Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
4 rosemary sprigs

Rosemary Infused Frozen Peach Bellini:
2 cups frozen peach slices
1 cup crushed ice
1 cup Spumante (or Proseco or any sparking white wine)
2 oz peach schnapps
1 oz rosemary simple sugar
1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice

1 peach, sliced thin for garnish

Rosemary Simple Sugar:
Combine sugar and water in a sauce pan over high heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add in rosemary sprigs and stir occasionally. Bring it a rolling boil for one minute and then remove from heat and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Pour through a strainer into an air tight container and refrigerate (will keep for a month).

Rosemary Infused Frozen Peach Bellini:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into champagne glasses and garnish with peach slice.

16 Responses to “Rosemary Infused Frozen Peach Bellini”

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean — May 13, 2011 @ 10:02 am

another brilliant cocktail :)

Redneck Princess — May 13, 2011 @ 11:44 am

Ok, it’s only nine in the morning, and I want one of those. Peaches are a good breakfast right? :)

• Kristina replied: — May 13th, 2011 @ 12:01 pm

Bellini’s are totally a brunch cocktail… so it’s PERFECTLY acceptable to have one this morning! ;)

Tulip — May 13, 2011 @ 11:59 am

Peaches are my #1 favorite fruit! I can’t wait to make this drink.
    It doesn’t matter if your are a manly man. You can and should enjoy one
    of these right there by your wife’s side. Thanks!!

Emily @ NewlyWife — May 13, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

Sounds great! I just got nectarines at the store, but I may have to go back for peaches to make some of these.

Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit — May 13, 2011 @ 3:46 pm

i LOVE this! cocktail friday is the perfect post to gear me up for the weekend :) can’t wait to try!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — May 13, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

I love that you used peach and rosemary in this bellini, Tina! It looks so incredbily yummy and perfect for a warm spring day. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog!

Christine (Cook the Story) — May 13, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

Not only am I going to make up a batch of these pronto, but I’m also going to make my husband read your post first. Then, I’m hoping you’ll convince him to dive in with me!

Warren — May 13, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

Thanks for posting this link on Table for Two. Now, that’s what I call a fruit cocktail! LOL.

blackbookkitchendiaries — May 15, 2011 @ 2:21 am

this looks so elegant and truly beatiful! thank you for sharing this.

ping — May 15, 2011 @ 2:28 am

Whooo! … this really got my attention at top9! Congrats! Leaving my seat and gonna whip this up just as soon as I finish typing this comment. Who labelled frozen drinks as a womens’ drink anyway?

Jane — May 15, 2011 @ 9:02 am

yum! Love the combination of rosemary & peach, can’t wait to try!

Lisa { AuthenticSuburbanGourmet } — May 15, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

What a great combination of flavors! This is a must make. Congrats on the Top 9 today!!

• Kristina replied: — May 27th, 2011 @ 10:44 am

thank you!! :)

Barb — May 15, 2011 @ 8:04 pm

Love your writing style Mike! Great job :)

Eating from the Farmstand Locavore Bag April 17th – April 19th « A Simpler Place In Time — April 17, 2012 @ 10:50 pm

[...]  Rosemary Infused Frozen Beach Bellini [...]