Monday, August 1, 2011

Harper

I want to tell you all about a little girl named Harper.  This is Harper:

Harper is 5 years old and happens to be the oldest daughter of my dear friend Katie. I am blessed to be what she calls “one of her grown-up friends”. You see, Ryan and Katie were the first of our group to have kids, and Harper was the first baby in the group so she holds a special place in all of our hearts. Harper is the sweetest little girl with the MOST infectious personality. I know God has big plans for this little one.

If you all follow me on twitter, you may or may not remember me tweeting about a little girl losing 3 fingers in a boat-lift accident back in June. Well, sweet Harper is the little girl I was talking about.

I won’t go into all of the details of what happened (you can read about it on this site: Harper’s Healing), but Harper has had to have 4 surgeries thus far (and there is more to come).

The Hobbies are the sweetest family you’ll ever meet, and Katie has been such a good friend to me. She has had the best attitude during these past few incredibly trying months. She has acted in such incredible trust and faith in God and has truly inspired me (Katie I love you, girl).

Anyhow, Ryan and Katie have 3 beautiful children (Harper being the oldest). Katie is a stay at home mom. With all of Harper’s surgeries, they have accrued some serious medical expenses… we’re talking $10,000.

I know money is tight for everyone these days, but I’ve had Harper on my heart and felt the need to post about it over here to put it out there in the “blogging world”. If you are able and feel led to help out, another friend of mine started a website where people can donate money to help our dear friends out with their medical expenses. Every little bit helps, and I know that they would so appreciate.

Please go visit: Harper’s Healing and read Harpers story and donate if you can!

14 Responses to “Harper”

michelle — August 1, 2011 @ 9:20 am

Aw, I will donate this Thurs, once funds become available. She is blessed to have a friend like you. I hope and pray that they all triumph over the battles they are facing now.

• Kristina replied: — August 2nd, 2011 @ 3:13 pm

Thanks so much Michelle!!

KATIE — August 1, 2011 @ 10:49 am

thank you so very much for using this platform to do what you can to help us, T. and for anyone who’s reading this comment, a fun fact about Tina (and her husband Mike): they were one of the first people to bring us food after the accident and their meal was our kids’ most favorite of all – ice cream sundaes for dinner!!! it was such a great idea and is such a sweet memory i have of Tina and Harper choosing toppings and “mmmm-ing” together.

• Kristina replied: — August 2nd, 2011 @ 3:13 pm

That will always be a sweet memory I’ll have with Harper :) Love you girl!

Shawnda — August 1, 2011 @ 11:49 am

Harper is such a beautiful little girl! I hope she heals quickly and will keep her and her family in our thoughts & prayers.

• Kristina replied: — August 2nd, 2011 @ 3:11 pm

Thank you Shawnda!

emily — August 1, 2011 @ 2:59 pm

What a sweet idea. I’ll be sending prayers their way.

• Kristina replied: — August 2nd, 2011 @ 3:11 pm

I so appreciate it, Emily!

Philo — August 1, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

Harper has prayers from the USA to Ireland to Australia to Ghana and she will remain in our prayers while she continues to heal.
    Thanks Tina for keeping us up to Date. Cheers Philo :)

• Kristina replied: — August 2nd, 2011 @ 3:14 pm

xoxo thanks Philo!

Michelle — August 2, 2011 @ 2:19 pm

Thank you for sharing this with us, Kristina. I will be lifting Harper and her family up in prayer; making a donation, and praying that others will be led to give what they can. Little by little, gets big things done!

God bless you, Kristina and the Hobbie family!

• Kristina replied: — August 2nd, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

Thank you so much Michelle. It’s so true that little by little, we CAN get big things done! Thanks for your prayers and support!

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family — August 2, 2011 @ 3:44 pm

WoW! That little girl steals your heart with her smile. I have linked your post and Harpers Healing to my post today http://mynaturallyfrugalfamily.blogspot.com/2011/08/marbles-and-yogurt.html
    And will do it again with subsequent posts.
    I hope the family is able to get some relief.

Michelle O — August 10, 2011 @ 9:54 am

Awww this post definitely brought tears to my eyes. Especially after I read the story on Harpers Healing. She really DOES steal your heart. I will donate what I can as well. I had an accident as a two year old that my step father never forgave himself for. It’s so tough on the family :(