Saturday, October 8, 2011

All in a day’s work

After 4 hours of ironing & hemming curtains and installing a 19 1/2 ft. long curtain rod:

{Excuse the poor photo quality… i used the ol’ camera phone}

• 144″ – 240″ Curtain Rod from: Overstock.com $88.00
  • 118″ long curtains (that you can hem to length) from: IKEA  $29.99 per pair (they also have 98″ long ones for $19.99… but they weren’t long enough for our ceilings).
  • Total Cost= $180 (which if you know anything about window treatments, you know is a BARGAIN)

Ah, SUCCESS… excuse me while I go drink a very LARGE margarita.

Happy Saturday folks! ;)

7 Responses to “All in a day’s work”

Rachel — October 8, 2011 @ 9:21 pm

It looks great! That is a crazy long curtain rod. Did you stumble upon that or know that they made them that long? I LOVE IKEA curtains!

• Kristina replied: — October 8th, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

We’d been looking for one for forever! I’ve wanted curtains on that wall since the day we moved in 3 1/2 years ago. Pottery Barn sells an extender kit but it’s like $350 to get that length… so when we I saw the one for $88 I was sold :)

Sandra — October 9, 2011 @ 9:08 am

Bargain is an understatement! That’s the deal of the century.

Niki — October 10, 2011 @ 11:58 am

Awesome! Looks great!! :)

Jessica Lynn — October 10, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

Fantastic job! I knew we were moving out of our house within two years of me getting there, so I didn’t hang up curtains. Now that we’re about to move into another house, curtains are one of the first things I want to go up. I’ll have to keep Ikea in mind!

Nicole — October 11, 2011 @ 12:42 pm

It looks great in there–I love all the furniture you have in your living room by the way :)

elizabeth lynn — December 21, 2011 @ 10:13 am

I love them! That’s some serious bargain shopping :) Your blog is the greatest. Looking forward to trying all of your decadent pizzas. – Liz