Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I made a new friend…

Her name is Siri (haha)…

After sitting in Verizon for an hour and a half (LOOOONNNGGGG story involving fraudulent activity on our account by and ex-employee that I won’t get into right now…)… all was resolved and I walked out with this baby:

[ The pretty one on the right ;) ]

So, I’m sorry, but I will be taking a break from the usual recipes today as I’m sort of obsessed with this new toy (and all it’s Apps)! haha

So far I’m already in the know on these particular Apps:

Health & Fitness Apps:

• C25K (Start-up Running Plan)
  • Livestrong (Food and Exercise Log)
  • P. Tracker (for the lady cycle haha)

Travel:

• Yelp
  • Gas Buddy (shows you gas prices at gas stations nearby)

Social Media:

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Games:

• Hanging with Friends (Hang man vs. your friends)
  • Words with Friends (Scrabble vs. your friends)
  • Flight Control (o.m.g. it’s addicting)
  • Cross Fingers

But, here’s where you come in… iPhone owners: What are your top 5 favorite apps that I NEED to check out????

14 Responses to “I made a new friend…”

Maria — November 15, 2011 @ 9:32 am

Yay for getting an iPhone! You need the Pinterest and Foodgawker apps:)

• Kristina replied: — November 15th, 2011 @ 9:41 am

thanks! done and done ;)

Sarah — November 15, 2011 @ 9:46 am

Woo hoo for getting a new 4S…I LOVE mine! I upgraded from a 3G too…so it was a HUGE difference for me. You already have most of my top picks; Instagram, Words with Friends, Yelp, Twitter, Facebook. I also love Pinterest!

I am ADDICTED to Angry Birds and I also love Shazam for helping me to ID songs I hear while out and about. All you do is hit the button, your phone listens to the song for a bit and then gives you the name and artist. The flashlight app is great for a…well…flashlight! ;) And Pro HDR takes some amazing high def landscape/scenery photos. Ohh…and for movies I have the Netflix app and the iTunes Movie Trailer app because I LOVE movie trailers.

Have fun with your new phone! :)

shelley — November 15, 2011 @ 10:08 am

Love my iPhone. Have you been playing with, and simultaneously getting freaked out by, Siri?

Here are some great apps: Shazam & Pandora (music), Flixster (movie showtimes), UP (http://jawbone.com/up), IncrediBooth and more Beaute2 (photos), AccuFuel (gas mileage tracking).

These are the ones I go to daily, but at least, weekly.

Have fun with the new phone!

Monica Bruno — November 15, 2011 @ 11:33 am

Super cute!

You should get the Publix app,
    tells you all of their sales and BOGO Offers! :)

Mom — November 15, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

Welcome to the world of iphones… you will never go back :) Red Laser is a good one. You can scan a barcode on anything and find the cheapest place to buy that item…

Katie — November 15, 2011 @ 1:11 pm

I just had so much fun going through the comments and downloading some new apps ~ thanks everyone! ;)

My faves/most used:
    Lose It! (food tracker)
    Bejeweled (totally addicting game)
    Google Reader
    Pinterest
    White Pages
    Flixter
    Weather Channel

Nichole — November 15, 2011 @ 1:28 pm

Great suggestions above!
    In addition to those, I love…
    Camera+
    Evernote
    Momento
    Foursquare

Mila @ loftyappetite — November 15, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

Gotta have the iPhone!!! Other apps you need are: Pinterest, family feud, shazam, flashlight, mirror, redbox or netflix, and feedler which is a free form of google reader for reading blogs! Open table for making restaurant reservations on the go, groupon for using coupons on the go and allrecipes for meal planning! Have fun!!

ErinsFoodFiles — November 15, 2011 @ 4:28 pm

PicFrame is a SUPER great app. Only $.99 and totally worth it. And that’s from a girl who usually only gets free apps!

I’ll second the suggestion for Camera+.

For videos, I do like the 8mm app. It’s $1.99, but in my opinion worth it, because it puts cool funky filters on your videos.

I like the Tumblr app to follow the blogs I read on tumblr.

Mint.com (if you already use it to manage your money) has a good app.

The drugstore I use the most is Walgreens, and I really like their app! I can scan the barcode of my prescription to get a refill, and upload a photo to get it printed.

Also, if you’re already using Fertility Friend online to chart, their app makes it EVEN easier!

The Weather Channel app

Epicurious app

Foodgawker app

Amazon app is great. And I found a side use for it. If I’m browsing books at the library or bookstore. I’ll scan the barcode and read the reviews on Amazon!!

IMDB app if you’re the type of person who watches a movie or tv show and think “Where have I seen that actor before???”

Shazam app

The Southwest app is great if you fly Southwest. We don’t fly too often, but I like having the app. So when I book a flight, I’ll put the exact time in my Calendar, then I’ll tell it to remind me 1 day before. This way, I’ll get the reminder notification, and immediately open my Southwest app and check into my flight. Since I’ve begun doing this, I’m always in the A boarding group!

One more, just in case y’all are even remotely thinking about moving/purchasing a house, there’s the Zillow app. I actually found out house one day when I was bored, and browsing the app. Found it, saw that I liked it AND we could afford it. Whaddya know, we buy it!

Kelly — November 15, 2011 @ 11:44 pm

The Weather Channel App
    IMDB
    Fandango
    Traffic.com I live in a big city and it’s great because it shows how far a traffic jam extends and an estimate of how long it will take to get past the block. Also tells you where there is construction work
    Flashlight App
    If you’re a sports gal like me, the ESPN score center and SB Nation (I also have a ‘few’ other sports apps, but I don’t want to look too obsessed)

For games-
    I love Puzzle Grid and I broke down and bought the Oregon Trail App. Also love Jet Ball and Glow Hockey
    For pure silliness, I have the lightsaber app

And because me and my honey are long distance, Tango and Skype for our phone dates are a must.

Carrie — November 16, 2011 @ 3:53 am

Ohhhhh I can’t live without my iPhone. Horrifying but true. My TOP 5 apps that I use….
    Instagram ( I big fat puffy heart Instagram)
    Epicurious
    AllRecipes Pro
    TripAdvisor
    Trulia

those are the ones I use most frequently.
    Have FUN!!

Sandra — November 16, 2011 @ 5:49 am

What a cool BFF you have!

Kelsey — November 16, 2011 @ 9:44 pm

I just got my 4S too and these app suggestions are amazing!! Sorry I don’t have any good ones to add, just wanted to say thanks for asking the question Tina!