Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine’s via Instagram

So as I told you yesterday… hubs and I do NOT like going out on Valentine’s Day. We like to cook a really nice dinner together and enjoy some relaxation at home!

We decided to do our Valentine’s date night this past weekend. Friday night we went to Season’s 52 (my first time EVER!!!):

Yes, I clearly LOVE date nights with hubs. It was GORGEOUS outside so we sat out on the patio with the beautiful view of the water:

The food was DELICIOUS… I got the Mahi and hubs got the Chicken Cabernet. Then they came around with their tray of mini desserts (we of course had to get some!). We went with the red velvet, the chocolate ganache, and the key lime… with a side of coffee!

We came back to the casa and cracked open a bottle of Riesling for me & an English IPA for the hubs…

This Riesling is probably my favorite (inexpensive) bottle right now…

Hubs decided to pull out the djembe drum and drop some beats haha…

Saturday morning hubs made breakfast. An egg and toast for me. And… ummm… an egg sandwich with mayonnaise and pickles for him (still gagging at the thought of it… GROSS). Get a look at that bad boy (bleh):

Then, my FAVORITE part of the whole weekend was our Valentine’s present to each other. Two Words:

Couple’s Massage.

Deep Tissue for Hubs – Hot Stone for me… oh man, the hot stone was uh.mazing!

Sunday Morning… Red Velvet Pancakes, baby!

And as if THAT wasn’t enough… I got these Roses from hubs… (le sigh)

Quite the wonderful Valentine’s, I must say!!! ;)

On Tonight’s At-Home Menu?

… and I’m off! Hope ya’ll enjoy your day with your loved ones! xoxo

15 Responses to “Valentine’s via Instagram”

Cassie — February 14, 2012 @ 9:18 am

There is a new Seasons 52 in KC, we have yet to try it but now I definitely want to! Our menu is KC strips with balsamic reduction, roasted Brussels, roasted red potatos and arugula salad. Weird!?!? Love it and can’t wait to see your porcini rubbed filet!

Lane — February 14, 2012 @ 9:34 am

I love Seasons 52! and the Riesling is now on my to try list. The filet recipe sounds awesome looking forward to it.

Kelly — February 14, 2012 @ 9:54 am

Awww I just love this! We stay at home too on Valentine’s Day and this looks like the perfect way to spend it!!

Megan — February 14, 2012 @ 9:59 am

Snoqualmie wine- my heart sings. Besides it being tasty, I just love a wine named after our gorgeous Snoqualmie Falls :) WA rocks.
    And that egg/mayo/pickle thing – not the first thing I’d imagine as breakfast food. More dinner, or hangover fare? :) Happy Valentine’s Day! ~Megan

• Kristina replied: — February 14th, 2012 @ 10:49 am

hahaha or if he wasn’t a man, I’d say he was pregnant ;)

Bev Weidner — February 14, 2012 @ 10:24 am

Balemtime’s!

WHAT A DAY you guys had. Love it!

Kelsey@ ReadySetFeast — February 14, 2012 @ 10:30 am

This is so sweet. I love it! happy valentine’s day!

Jessica — February 14, 2012 @ 11:11 pm

Seriously, could y’all be any damn cuter?! <3 ya girl!

• Kristina replied: — February 15th, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

aww i <3 you too! I’m getting so FLIPPING excited about next month!!!! EEEEEEEEEE (that was a squeel of excitement) hah

Dianna @ The Kitchen Prep — February 15, 2012 @ 11:21 am

What a fun V-day! Your date night sounds a lot like ours, minus the djembe drum! haha! Seasons 52 is our special dinner spot, too. I thought you might live in the same neck of the woods as us, and now after seeing this post I know for sure! Hello there, neighbor! ;)

Becca — February 15, 2012 @ 12:50 pm

Naked wine? From Naked Winery in Hood River, Oregon? Naked wines are my favorite…we had some last night for Valentine’s Day as well:)

• Kristina replied: — February 15th, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

indeed. I’d never had any of them before this one… but I am a FAN.

Katie — February 22, 2012 @ 3:16 pm

YUM! Season’s 52 is always so delicious. Justin and I went there on Friday for our belated Valentine’s Day. I had one of the weekly specials – it was a grilled mahi on top of a bed of spinach, corn, black beans, and green beans…with a big scoop of guacamole on top. It was insanely, insanely good! Glad you enjoyed your meal too!

• Kristina replied: — February 22nd, 2012 @ 4:19 pm

i got the EXACT. SAME. THING!!!! haha good taste ;)

Katie — February 22, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

Ah! I saw you had mahi, but I was wondering if a different location had the same specials…apparently it did! Seriously amazing right?!?! I wish I could recreate that exactly in my own kitchen. I might have to attempt.