Wednesday, April 4, 2012

PW Wednesdays: Fried Chicken Tacos

Hey guys… I wanted to let you know that today is the start of a fun little series that I’ll be doing! It’s called Pioneer Woman Wednesdays { PW Wednesdays for short ;) }.

My friend Julie (Table for Two) sent me an email a few weeks ago asking me if I would be interested in joining a few other bloggers in cooking through Ree’s gorgeous new cookbook… umm heck yes!

So for the next several weeks (about every other wednesday) I will be joining some other fabulous bloggers (Julie, Megan, Rachel, and Gina) in testing out some of The Pioneer Woman’s new recipes!!

First up…

Julie’s pick: Fried Chicken Tacos!!!

Yah, mine don’t look near as pretty as Ree’s haha

Now, I have to say, the consensus on these babies was that they were incredibly messy and a little difficult to get to work right… but when it came to flavor?! Oh so gosh darn scrumptious (like, eat 12 kind of scrumptious)!

For. Real.

I think next go around, I’ll use my taco tongs to fry the shells separately and then just stuff them with the filling afterwards! Keep it simple :)

But the chicken filling? You better believe I’ll be making that again and again and again…

My Grampie and brother stopped by JUST as these came out of the frying pan. They were hovering like little vultures waiting to bite into one of these babies. I seriously had to slap some hands while taking the photos! Oh, and my brother INSISTED that my photos would look better with one. less. taco. hah

I’ll call that a win. ;)

Check out the other lovely ladies’ posts:

Julie: Table for Two (RECIPE HERE)

Megan: Wanna Be a Country Cleaver

Rachel: Baked by Rachel

Gina: Running to the Kitchen

27 Responses to “PW Wednesdays: Fried Chicken Tacos”

Fried Tacos | Baked by Rachel — April 4, 2012 @ 6:01 am

[…] sure to check out the other Pioneer Woman Wednesday posts: My Life as a Mrs Running to the Kitchen Wanna be a Country […]

PW Wednesday’s: Fried Chicken Tacos » Table for Two — April 4, 2012 @ 6:02 am

[…] Tina – My Life as a Mrs. […]

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — April 4, 2012 @ 6:38 am

They really were delicious. Your brother and Grampie had fantastic timing!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — April 4, 2012 @ 7:48 am

Yum! What are you talkin’ about, your tacos look beautiful, and delicious. Cooking through PW’s book sounds like fun. Enjoy! I love her new book.

Julie @ Table for Two — April 4, 2012 @ 7:51 am

yummmm! yours look delicious! i don’t know what you’re talking about, girly! i can see why your brother and grandad were hovering! i’m glad you’re participating in this series :) i hope this is the last time we fry something through this series hahaha, it’s been a pretty fun story though!

Blog is the New black — April 4, 2012 @ 8:20 am

LOOKS AWESOME!

Country Cleaver » PW Wednesdays – Fried Chicken Tacos — April 4, 2012 @ 8:27 am

[…] wonderful women of Table for Two, Baked By Rachel, Running to the Kitchen, My Life as a Mrs., and yours truely will be teaming up these next few months to bring you Pioneer Woman Wednesdays […]

Pioneer Woman’s Fried Chicken Tacos — April 4, 2012 @ 8:46 am

[…] little devil tacos through these links:Megan – Wannabe a Country CleaverRachel – Baked by RachelTina – My Life as a Mrs. In light of this slight kitchen mishap, tell me your worst kitchen […]

shelly (cookies and cups) — April 4, 2012 @ 9:15 am

I need these in my life. ASAP!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — April 4, 2012 @ 9:22 am

Those men have perfect timing if I ever heard of it! hahah Huck was under foot the entire time, so I was tripping around every chance I got. Boys haha.

brandi — April 4, 2012 @ 10:33 am

oh my goodness these look good. nick would flip!

Mom — April 4, 2012 @ 10:49 am

These look really good! Love the idea you girls came up with!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — April 4, 2012 @ 10:50 am

Lucky guys showing up at the last minute for some delicious food ;)
    Yours came out great! I can’t get over the taco tongs…maybe I’ll give the frying another go-round if I can get a pair of those!

Cassie — April 4, 2012 @ 10:56 am

I love the styling, Tina! They look so golden brown, yum!

Kirsten/ComfortablyDomestic — April 4, 2012 @ 11:08 am

Excellent job on the tacos! I totally understand the hovering.

Stephanie — April 4, 2012 @ 1:17 pm

Love that you girls are doing this, it looks like so much fun! I think yours look great. There is a lot of swearing going on in my kitchen whenever I have tried to fry taco shells.

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — April 4, 2012 @ 2:58 pm

They look so crunchy and delicious!!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — April 4, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

These sound incredible! So worth the extra work!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — April 4, 2012 @ 5:08 pm

These look so darn delicious, Tina! What a fun recipe. I’ve got try it for myself!

Stephanie — April 4, 2012 @ 11:42 pm

Fun series idea :)

Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids — April 5, 2012 @ 8:19 am

I think that your photos look beautiful. And, those tacos look delicious!

Jaren — April 5, 2012 @ 1:00 pm

What a cool idea! I want this cookbook so badly! Can’t wait to see what else you gals make.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — April 5, 2012 @ 7:01 pm

Great recipe! I need to pick up the cookbook!!

Ann — April 5, 2012 @ 8:35 pm

Wow – this sure does look terrific! What a fun series – I look forward to all the entries!

Victoria — April 6, 2012 @ 12:00 am

This will be a fun series! When it comes to the kitchen, the PW definitely knows what she’s doing and I love learning from her. :) I look forward to watching you all try out some recipes and hearing your thoughts about the actual cooking process.

Melissa P — April 9, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

I too am addicted to all things Pioneer Woman. I have made just about everything in her 1st cookbook. I recently made her tortilla soup from the 2nd book. Mmmmmm mmmmm. A crowd pleaser for sure.

Claire — April 13, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

I agree with you 100% about these. They are one of the messiest things EVER to make, but holy cow they are beyond delicious! I just made her Bananas Foster out of the new cookbook…seriously one of the top 3 desserts I’ve ever tasted, and SO easy! I love Ree <3