Wednesday, May 2, 2012

PW Wednesdays: Carnitas Pizza

Hey guys, it’s PW Wednesday again!!!! This weeks choice, Carnitas Pizza, was Gina’s (Running to the Kitchen) selection! Ya’ll KNOW we love us some pizza up in here! ;)

Some of the other ladies also whipped up P-Dub’s Mango Margaritas… I unfortunately ran out of time this weekend and didn’t get around to making them – SAD. DAY. I <3 margaritas!

Let’s talk pizza. This particular recipe got mixed reviews. I’ll be totally honest with ya’ll – I was of the minority where I was… well… dare I say it? …Under-whelmed. :-\ Which is strange because a.) I typically love any and all of PW’s recipes. b.) it seemed like this pizza would totally be my speed!

I honestly can’t pin point what I didn’t LOVE about it. The meat was great – super tender and tasty. Maybe it was the combination of the mozzarella cheese mixed with the spanish spices? I do. not. know. Hey, that’s the beauty of cooking – taste is totally subjective!!! Don’t let my review deter you… try it yourself!! The other ladies thoroughly enjoyed it! Perhaps it was the margarita? kidding ;)

Happy Wednesday guys! Don’t forget to check out the other ladies’ posts:

Megan (Wanna be a Country Cleaver)

Julie (Table for Two)

Rachel (Baked by Rachel)

Gina (Running to the Kitchen) <—- FIND RECIPE HERE! :)

21 Responses to “PW Wednesdays: Carnitas Pizza”

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — May 2, 2012 @ 7:05 am

So sad you didn’t like it. It still looks great! If we had all made it together, there would have been more for the rest of us ;)

Rachel Cooks (formerly Not Rachael Ray) — May 2, 2012 @ 7:25 am

Too bad you didn’t like it—but I love hearing all your takes on the recipes.

Julie @ Table for Two — May 2, 2012 @ 7:32 am

aw sad you didn’t like it but at least you tried it :) maybe next time the meat just needs to be more seasoned and maybe a few drinks will help too..cause you know, drinking for some reason tends to lead to more eating haha..looks great!

Pioneer Woman’s Carnitas Pizza — May 2, 2012 @ 7:43 am

[...] you’ll see what I mean tomorrow.For other epic carnitas pizzaness check out these girls posts.Tina – My Life as a Mrs.Rachel – Baked by RachelJulie – Table for TwoMegan – Wanna be a Country [...]

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — May 2, 2012 @ 7:59 am

Sad you didn’t like it! It looks fantastic, as did it on the other ladies posts.

PW Wednesday’s: Carnitas Pizza » Table for Two — May 2, 2012 @ 8:26 am

[...] Gina has the recipe on her blog this week, be sure to check out everyone else’s: Megan, Rachel, and Tina! [...]

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — May 2, 2012 @ 9:00 am

It makes me so sad you were underwhelmed! haha The margaritas were definitely kicking in when we took our first bite, but I loved it just as much the day after when I was actually sober. Can’t wait to see what you choose! :)

• Tina replied: — May 2nd, 2012 @ 11:34 am

haha I thoroughly enjoyed the meat tossed with a little BBQ Sauce and then stuffed into a baked potato the next day ;) hehe Hey – not every recipe is for everyone, i didn’t hate it – it just wasn’t my fave! I’m bummed i missed out on the margs though… will have to go back and make those asap! :)

Megan {Country Cleaver} — May 2, 2012 @ 9:28 am

I was in the “underwhelmed” category too there girl. It needed spice, zazzle and HEAT!! It was good, just not what I was expected. But with all that freakin’ meat left over, I’ll have enough to make sammies for Day-z…
    But the margaritas were fantastic, so I know those will be making an appearance again soon.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersj — May 2, 2012 @ 9:48 am

Dam, you pizza looks amzzing too! I’m sorry you didn’t like it. Persoanlly you throw anything on pizza doush, I’ll like it!!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — May 2, 2012 @ 11:33 am

Looks amazing! Too bad you weren’t a huge fan. I will have to try it anyway, it looks just too goo!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — May 2, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

This looks so mouthwatering, but sorry to hear you weren’t over the moon about it. Next time you’re unsure, just pass it my husband’s way. He’s a vacuum cleaner (and a skinny one at that… damn him)!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 2, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

Well, I appreciate the honest feedback about the recipe. It looks good though! Maybe with some tweaking it could be even better!

Julia {The Roasted Root} — May 2, 2012 @ 3:07 pm

Ohhh this pizza looks great. All of your ladies versions look so appetizing. This is the kind of pizza I could FEAST on!

Sabrina — May 2, 2012 @ 8:39 pm

Too bad you didn’t like it! It looks amazing! I just wanted to let you know that I included your recipe for your fabulous Summer Sangria on my cinco de mayo post today! Please feel free to check it out!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — May 2, 2012 @ 11:58 pm

Sorry you didn’t like it. It looks AH-MAZING though!

Baking Serendipity — May 3, 2012 @ 12:01 am

For living in Arizona, you’d think that I’d have made carnitas before. Definitely not. But this pizza might be a way to start. Thanks for your feedback :)

Kathleen — May 4, 2012 @ 7:08 pm

Looks delish too bad it didn’t taste great as well!

Carnitas Pizza | Baked by Rachel — May 7, 2012 @ 8:17 am

[...] Check out the other PW Wednesday posts: Table For Two Blog Wanna Be A Country Cleaver My Life As A Mrs [...]

Country Cleaver PW Wednesday - Carnitas Pizza and Mango Margaritas » Country Cleaver — May 6, 2013 @ 9:48 am

[...] Tina – My Life as a Mrs. [...]

PW Wednesday’s: Carnitas Pizza | Table for Two — February 3, 2014 @ 4:10 pm

[…] Gina has the recipe on her blog this week, be sure to check out everyone else’s: Megan, Rachel, and Tina! […]