Wednesday, May 2, 2012

PW Wednesdays: Carnitas Pizza

Hey guys, it’sΒ PW WednesdayΒ again!!!! This weeks choice, Carnitas Pizza, was Gina’s (Running to the Kitchen) selection! Ya’ll KNOW we love us some pizza up in here! πŸ˜‰

Some of the other ladies also whipped up P-Dub’s Mango Margaritas… I unfortunately ran out of time this weekend and didn’t get around to making them – SAD. DAY. I <3 margaritas!

Let’s talk pizza. This particular recipe got mixed reviews. I’ll be totally honest with ya’ll – I was of the minority where I was… well… dare I say it? …Under-whelmed. :-\ Which is strange because a.) I typically love any and all of PW’s recipes. b.) it seemed like this pizza would totally be my speed!

I honestly can’t pin point what I didn’t LOVE about it. The meat was great – super tender and tasty. Maybe it was the combination of the mozzarella cheese mixed with the spanish spices? I do. not. know.Β Hey, that’s the beauty of cooking – taste is totally subjective!!! Don’t let my review deter you… try it yourself!! The other ladies thoroughly enjoyed it! Perhaps it was the margarita? kidding πŸ˜‰

Happy Wednesday guys! Don’t forget to check out the other ladies’ posts:

Megan (Wanna be a Country Cleaver)

Julie (Table for Two)

Rachel (Baked by Rachel)

Gina (Running to the Kitchen)Β <β€”- FIND RECIPE HERE!Β :)

21 Responses to “PW Wednesdays: Carnitas Pizza”

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — May 2, 2012 @ 7:05 am

So sad you didn’t like it. It still looks great! If we had all made it together, there would have been more for the rest of us πŸ˜‰

Rachel Cooks (formerly Not Rachael Ray) — May 2, 2012 @ 7:25 am

Too bad you didn’t like it—but I love hearing all your takes on the recipes.

Julie @ Table for Two — May 2, 2012 @ 7:32 am

aw sad you didn’t like it but at least you tried it πŸ™‚ maybe next time the meat just needs to be more seasoned and maybe a few drinks will help too..cause you know, drinking for some reason tends to lead to more eating haha..looks great!

Pioneer Woman’s Carnitas Pizza — May 2, 2012 @ 7:43 am

[…] you’ll see what I mean tomorrow.For other epic carnitas pizzaness check out these girls posts.Tina – My Life as a Mrs.Rachel – Baked by RachelJulie – Table for TwoMegan – Wanna be a Country […]

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — May 2, 2012 @ 7:59 am

Sad you didn’t like it! It looks fantastic, as did it on the other ladies posts.

PW Wednesday’s: Carnitas Pizza » Table for Two — May 2, 2012 @ 8:26 am

[…] Gina has the recipe on her blog this week, be sure to check out everyone else’s: Megan, Rachel, and Tina! […]

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — May 2, 2012 @ 9:00 am

It makes me so sad you were underwhelmed! haha The margaritas were definitely kicking in when we took our first bite, but I loved it just as much the day after when I was actually sober. Can’t wait to see what you choose! πŸ™‚

• Tina replied: — May 2nd, 2012 @ 11:34 am

haha I thoroughly enjoyed the meat tossed with a little BBQ Sauce and then stuffed into a baked potato the next day πŸ˜‰ hehe Hey – not every recipe is for everyone, i didn’t hate it – it just wasn’t my fave! I’m bummed i missed out on the margs though… will have to go back and make those asap! πŸ™‚

Megan {Country Cleaver} — May 2, 2012 @ 9:28 am

I was in the “underwhelmed” category too there girl. It needed spice, zazzle and HEAT!! It was good, just not what I was expected. But with all that freakin’ meat left over, I’ll have enough to make sammies for Day-z…
    But the margaritas were fantastic, so I know those will be making an appearance again soon.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersj — May 2, 2012 @ 9:48 am

Dam, you pizza looks amzzing too! I’m sorry you didn’t like it. Persoanlly you throw anything on pizza doush, I’ll like it!!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — May 2, 2012 @ 11:33 am

Looks amazing! Too bad you weren’t a huge fan. I will have to try it anyway, it looks just too goo!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — May 2, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

This looks so mouthwatering, but sorry to hear you weren’t over the moon about it. Next time you’re unsure, just pass it my husband’s way. He’s a vacuum cleaner (and a skinny one at that… damn him)!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 2, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

Well, I appreciate the honest feedback about the recipe. It looks good though! Maybe with some tweaking it could be even better!

Julia {The Roasted Root} — May 2, 2012 @ 3:07 pm

Ohhh this pizza looks great. All of your ladies versions look so appetizing. This is the kind of pizza I could FEAST on!

Sabrina — May 2, 2012 @ 8:39 pm

Too bad you didn’t like it! It looks amazing! I just wanted to let you know that I included your recipe for your fabulous Summer Sangria on my cinco de mayo post today! Please feel free to check it out!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — May 2, 2012 @ 11:58 pm

Sorry you didn’t like it. It looks AH-MAZING though!

Baking Serendipity — May 3, 2012 @ 12:01 am

For living in Arizona, you’d think that I’d have made carnitas before. Definitely not. But this pizza might be a way to start. Thanks for your feedback πŸ™‚

Kathleen — May 4, 2012 @ 7:08 pm

Looks delish too bad it didn’t taste great as well!

Carnitas Pizza | Baked by Rachel — May 7, 2012 @ 8:17 am

[…] Check out the other PW Wednesday posts: Table For Two Blog Wanna Be A Country Cleaver My Life As A Mrs […]

Country Cleaver PW Wednesday - Carnitas Pizza and Mango Margaritas » Country Cleaver — May 6, 2013 @ 9:48 am

[…] Tina – My Life as a Mrs. […]