Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fig, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Pizza

Hey guys! I’m back from Seattle (& BlogHer Food)… WHAT. A. TRIP. Update coming tomorrow for those of you interested in hearing all about it! :) Needless to say, we food bloggers ate. our. way. through Seattle!!!

Anyhow, when I got home, I was utterly exhausted from taking the red-eye home and felt bloated from dehydration (Ya’ll – a glass of water was hard to come by in Seattle with all the Vino that was a’flowin!! FOR. REAL. hah)!

I wanted dinner, but I wanted something LIGHT. I know, I know, pizza isn’t typically considered “light”, but I promise you, this version really is!

No heavy sauce, just a thin layer of fig preserves topped with a sprinkle of goat cheese and some super duper thinly sliced prosciutto. It gets baked off until the cheese is melted and the prosciutto gets slightly crispy (OH. BABY), then it’s topped with a light lemony arugula salad!

You guys. Seriously, this hits the spot without feeling too heavy in your belly!

It’s in my top 5 favorite Pizzas along with:

Now, I’ve made a goat cheese and prosciutto pizza before and that one was really good… but, this one, is SO. MUCH. BETTER. It’s funny what a few minor tweaks can do! I added fig preserves instead of the honey and pears… and then swapped out arugula for the spinach – SO. SO. good.

I’ve made this twice in the past 2 weeks (once before my trip and once after) and I just can’t get enough!

Hope ya’ll enjoy it as much as we do, although I’m pretty certain you will! ;)

Fig, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Pizza

Yield: 3-4 servings

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 10-12 minutes

Total Time: 20-25 minutes

For the Pizza:
1 lb pizza dough
5-6 tablespoons fig preserves/jam
4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
1/4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto

For the Arugula Topping:
3 cups arugula
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
1-2 teaspoon olive oil
1-2 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon thyme (optional)

Preheat oven to 475°F with pizza stone in the oven (heat a baking sheet in the oven if you don't have a pizza stone).

On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough as thin as you can get it (about 14-15" in diameter) using a rolling pin. Pull pre-heated pizza stone (or baking sheet) out of oven using oven mitts (be careful - it is HOT). Sprinkle a light dustin of cornmeal in the shape of the dough, and carefully place dough on top the hot stone.

Evenly spread a thin layer of fig preserves over the entire pizza (leaving 3/4" border). Next, evenly disperse the crumbled goat cheese on top of the fig preserves and then add the slices of prosciutto in small mounds on top of that. Using oven mitts, place entire pizza stone back into 475° F oven and bake for 10-12 minutes (until cheese is melted and turning slightly golden in places) and the prosciutto begins to crisp. NOTE: Oven times may vary - mine only took 10 minutes b/c I used the convection option. Remove pizza from oven using a pizza peel (or pull the entire stone out using oven mitts).

Toss together arugula, lemon, olive oil, honey, thyme, salt and black pepper - and top pizza with this mixture. Slice and serve hot!

28 Responses to “Fig, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Pizza”

Maureen — June 12, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

This pizza looks so good! Can’t wait to hear about your Seattle adventures!

Kathryn — June 12, 2012 @ 12:03 pm

What a great pizza, it sounds so very delicious!

janetha [meals & moves] — June 12, 2012 @ 12:04 pm

That is a winning pizza combo right there! Looks great!

Amy @ The Nifty Foodie — June 12, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

HOLY COW…that just sounds amazing!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — June 12, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

Top any pizza with arugula and I’m in! I love the peppery bite it gives it which usually helps balance the cheesiness going on :)

Katie — June 12, 2012 @ 1:19 pm

Uhhhh I just spent like 10 minutes drooling over each and every one of those pizza recipes. So good. And I love arugula on pizza. Actually, on everything…

Denise @ Creative Kitchen — June 12, 2012 @ 2:54 pm

I am so all about these gourmet type pizzas….it’s really a different meal from traditional pizza, and though I love both….I’m partial to these. Mmm….sounds and looks SO good!!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 12, 2012 @ 3:51 pm

Love pizza, this is such a fun and healthier twist. Can’t wait to hear your recap.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — June 12, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

Can’t wait to hear your recap! This pizza looks so perfect for summer! Love the healthier version!

Lauren — June 12, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

This is exactly what I’ve been craving! It looks amazing. Can’t wait to try it!

Do you use store bought pizza dough or do you make your own? Do you think it would be good with whole wheat? Thanks!

Rachel Cooks — June 13, 2012 @ 8:55 am

I get SO much crap for this but I’m not a goat cheese fan! Try as I might! I love everything else about this though!

Stacy — June 13, 2012 @ 9:22 am

o.m.g. this looks fantastic!!

Carrie — June 13, 2012 @ 10:03 am

Oh hell yes! WHY didn’t yo make this in Seattle??!! And SO true about the water and wine. I think I drank a gallon of water as soon as I got home.
    Miss you already!

Gloria — June 13, 2012 @ 11:28 am

Hey Tina! I’m doing a BBQ for Father’s Day (Ribs, Skirt Steak & Rib Eyes) could you suggest some sides different than the typical coleslaw? Thank you!!!

Tammi — June 13, 2012 @ 2:47 pm

This looks amazing! I’m always looking to change up our pizza recipes, we love cooking it on the grill, I’m going to try this one! I’m visiting from Lauren’s Latest’s Blog, I love her blog and I’m so glad I’m finding other great blogs!! Happy Cooking!

Jessica — June 13, 2012 @ 2:53 pm

This sounds so good! Can I come stay at Hotel Wiley and order this pizza from room service *cough*cough*mike*cough*cough* ;-)

Baking Serendipity — June 13, 2012 @ 4:11 pm

I’m a disaster at red eye flights. This pizza definitely could fix sleepy days! I love it’s light simplicity.

Victoria — June 13, 2012 @ 9:08 pm

Can’t wait to hear about your trip!

Alison — June 14, 2012 @ 9:44 am

Making this tonight! Yum! Can’t wait!

brandi — June 15, 2012 @ 10:08 am

gorgeous! i love arugula on pizzas.

miss you already!!

Friday favorites « Seeking Style — June 15, 2012 @ 3:50 pm

[...] This: Fig, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Pizza. Tina from ‘My Life As A Mrs.’ posts many mouth watering recipes, but this is one that [...]

Sample Saturday | Homekeeping Adventures — June 16, 2012 @ 6:19 am

[...] Fig, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Pizza - When it comes to pizza, I’m usually a cheese-and-pepperoni girl, but sometimes I like something a little more adventurous, and this pizza from My life as a Mrs. sounds fantastic. [...]

Alyssa — June 18, 2012 @ 3:50 pm

All my favorite foods combined! Can’t wait to try this recipe!

Katie — June 24, 2012 @ 8:29 am

I made this for dinner Friday night. After a long day of work, my husband was in heaven. Despite having issues with my dough (it was still very hot at 7pm), I can’t wait to make this again!

Christa — July 6, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

Oh I think I will make this tomorrow! Looks delicious!

I’ve got goals… | Simply put… — July 8, 2012 @ 9:40 pm

[...] looking for something fresh, a bit sweet, and full of flavour when I came across this recipe for a fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese pizza. I pretty much followed the recipe to a tee using President’s Choice fig cabernet wine jelly [...]

Friday Favorites | Just a Spoonful of Sugar — July 27, 2012 @ 12:55 pm

[...] Meal:  Fig, Prosciutto, & Goat Cheese Pizza.  Just reading the recipe makes me imagine all of [...]

Friday Favorites & Grilled Pizza | Just a Spoonful of Sugar — August 17, 2012 @ 8:22 am

[...] Toppings for your pizza (I used fig preserves, prosciutto, goat cheese, & spinach~as inspired by mylifeasamrs) [...]