Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Easy Bacon Cream Cheese Roll Ups & A Bridal Shower

One of my favorite things about blogging is the incredible friendships I’ve built over the years! Today, I’m teaming up with some other lovely ladies for a virtual bridal shower in honor of our sweet friend, Megan (Wanna be a Country Cleaver).

Megan and I started chatting through our PW Wednesdays series and then actually met (in real life) in Seattle this past June… she was kind enough to pick me up at the airport and we immediately got to gabbering and totally hit it off! She is super sweet and hilarious which makes for good times! LOVE. HER.

Anyhow, Megan is about to walk down the aisle and even though her blogging friends are spread across the country, we wanted to get together and celebrate in spirit! Thus, the virtual Bridal Shower (Big thanks to Julie for coordinating!) and of course, CONGRATULATIONS MEGAN!!!!!

I’m an appetizer girl, so for the shower I wanted to show ya’ll one of the EASIEST & tastiest appetizers I know of… Bacon Cream Cheese Roll Ups! And I’m talking 3 ingredients, kind of Easy (Yah, you heard right):

This may sound strange, but don’t judge until you’ve tried them. I made them for our Super Bowl Party in January and they were a crowd favorite! Everyone kept saying, “HOLY COW… what is in these?!!?!” and my response surprised every. single. one. of them. Nobody could believe it was a 3 ingredient appetizer!

Easy: Check.

Savory: Check.

Bacon: Double Check!

Everything is better with bacon. Am I Right?!

These little treats have been in our family for YEARS… I can remember my grandma making a batch of these and then them being DEVOURED immediately. And so the tradition continues. I keep making them, and the crowds keep eating them.

If it ain’t broke – don’t fix it.

And because no bridal shower is complete without a little bacon… Enjoy!

Megan, CONGRATULATIONS Darlin’! xoxo

Okay, now comes the fun part… you get to go drool over all the other ladies’ creations for Megan’s Virtual Shower!!!! ENJOY!

Appetizers:

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 20-25 minutes

Total Time: 35-40 minutes

8 slices bacon, sliced in half
8 slices of bread, crusts removed and sliced in half
4 ounces cream cheese

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a jelly roll pan with some non-stick cooking spray. Smear a little cream cheese on one side of each of the de-crusted bread halves.

Take a half piece of bacon and lay it on a clean flat surface (Image 1). Line up the top edge of one of the prepared bread pieces, cream cheese side up & dry side to bacon (Image 2). Starting at the top edge, roll bacon side toward the cream cheese side (Image 3). Continue to roll until "tail" wraps completely around the roll-up (Image 4). Secure with a toothpick and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until remaining roll ups are ready to go.

Bake at 375º F for 25-35 minutes or until bacon is completely cooked and golden brown (Note: oven times may vary slightly). Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.

62 Responses to “Easy Bacon Cream Cheese Roll Ups & A Bridal Shower”

Red Velvet Ice Cream Cupcakes | Cravings of a Lunatic — August 1, 2012 @ 5:31 am

[…] Tina from My Life as a Mrs. brought Easy Bacon Cream Cheese Roll -Ups […]

Rachel Cooks — August 1, 2012 @ 7:50 am

Oh these look SO awesome!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — August 1, 2012 @ 8:08 am

You had me at bacon… good laaawd!!

Rachel — August 1, 2012 @ 8:17 am

Officially hungry – I had not thought of using bread like this!

NanaBread (Jeanne) — August 1, 2012 @ 8:26 am

I’ve seen jalapenos rolled up in bacon, but never this way with bread & cream cheese. It makes perfect sense, though. I can’t wait to try these for our next Ladies’ Game Night. They’re going to flip. And the 3-ingredient/easy to make part makes them even better. What a great dish for Megan’s shower – bacon-wrapped bite-sized goodness. Perfect!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — August 1, 2012 @ 9:21 am

Tina – I am so completely, absolutely and utterly surprised! Your girls went above and beyond. Thank you so much. I am so freakin’ hungry and thirsty for all of these treats, its a bit insane. It is only 6am here in Seattle! hahah Love ya girl. You really are a rockstar. XOXOXO!

Ali @ Gimme Some Oven — August 1, 2012 @ 9:48 am

Oh my goodness – these look crazy good! I would be the person at the shower that would eat about five. ;)

Love this bridal shower fun!!

Nikki @Pennies on a Platter — August 1, 2012 @ 10:22 am

Holy cow! I’m so glad to add another easy peasy app to my line-up, especially with football season right around the corner! :) Do these turn out pretty crispy then?

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — August 1, 2012 @ 10:24 am

You’re killin me with the bacon – holy yum Tina!

Kim Bee — August 1, 2012 @ 10:37 am

Tina I love your roll ups. What a perfect shower food idea. I am throwing a surprise party in a few weeks and these would be perfect for it. I sure wish we could have all met somewhere and thrown this in person. Would have been so much fun.

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — August 1, 2012 @ 10:57 am

Shut-the-front-door!! This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing, Tina!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — August 1, 2012 @ 11:31 am

You had me at bacon

Mads — August 1, 2012 @ 11:43 am

I’m already shocked that this is only 3 ingredients because the pictures look beyond tasty. Yum yum yum.

Bev @ Bev Cooks — August 1, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

Um, holy ish, delish.

Oh that rhymed!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — August 1, 2012 @ 1:25 pm

Amazing!! Love how simple but amazing these look!

Julie @ Table for Two — August 1, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

love love this idea!! So easy and definitely great for a party! Thanks for participating in this :)

Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet — August 1, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

How perfect. I would’ve never thought of doing this, but it makes perfect sense! Love it.

xo
    Heather

Cassie — August 1, 2012 @ 2:06 pm

How fun are these! Perfect for a shower too, love love love this!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — August 1, 2012 @ 2:56 pm

These look sooo good! Gotta love bacon & cream cheese! Such a cute idea to do a virtual shower!

Allison @ Decadent Philistines Save the World — August 1, 2012 @ 6:33 pm

This looks amazing. And easier to make than cream cheese stuffed dates!
    Also, anything wrapped in bacon is The Best Food Ever.

Melon & Crispy Prosciutto Salad - confessions of a recipe junkie — August 1, 2012 @ 7:08 pm

[…] Tina | My Life as a Mrs: Easy Bacon Cream Cheese Roll-ups […]

Michelle — August 1, 2012 @ 8:51 pm

WHOA!!!! Bread, check, bacon, check, drool….check, check!!!

Baking Serendipity — August 1, 2012 @ 9:22 pm

Family favorites rock. I love these…and I’m definitely blaming the bacon.

A Shower for Megan… | Tenaciously Yours, — August 1, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

[…] Cheesy Edamame Crostini Kirsten’s Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Puffs Tina’s Easy Bacon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups Rachel’s Sausage & Red Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms Allison’s Retro Cheese […]

Kat — August 1, 2012 @ 10:13 pm

I kind of want to channel Ina and say “How Easy Is That?” Because truly, I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a more elegant looking, fast to whip up dish. Ever.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — August 2, 2012 @ 7:17 am

I wish I saw this yesterday! I made BLT’s for dinner, this would have been so much better!!

Kathryn — August 2, 2012 @ 8:33 am

Love how easy these are but they look so fancy and sound so tasty! Perfect party food.

carrian — August 2, 2012 @ 8:51 pm

I love the idea of using bread! Mostly you see peppers or chicken for the bacon wraps, but who doesn’t love bread?!!~!

Kirsten/Comfortably Domestic — August 3, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

Oh, MY!! How easy and delicious do those look? Dang delicious! Bacon rules.

Caroline — August 3, 2012 @ 10:18 pm

I make something similar but with jalapeños, cream cheese and bacon on the grill. Soooo good and just the right amount of spicy

Alice — August 18, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

I made these today and they were FABULOUS!!!!!

Tailgating Time — September 7, 2012 @ 10:40 am

[…] Bacon Cream Cheese Roll Ups (My Life as a Mrs.) […]

Ellen — September 16, 2012 @ 5:23 am

They look amazing. I love the combination af cream cheese and bacon!

Cassie — October 6, 2012 @ 1:55 pm

Hi Tina!
    I have recently discovered your blog and I’m loving it :) I wanted to tell you that I brought these to our friend’s birthday party last night and they were HANDS DOWN the favorite food of the night! My husbands friends all requested that I make triple the number next time! Thanks for the great recipe!

Ellen — January 29, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

Thank you for sharing this recipe. So easy and delicious. I have recreated it on my foodblog. It is in Danish, but there is a translator on the sidebar.

Tea savories are at home on the Super Bowl buffet table | The Hour For Tea — February 3, 2013 @ 6:41 pm

[…] fruit spritzers” San Francisco 49ers Menu from Epicurious Super Bowl recipes from the NFL blog Easy Bacon Cream Cheese Roll-ups recipe San Francisco recipes from […]

Leanna — March 31, 2013 @ 1:12 pm

These are fantastic and easy and the directions couldn’t be clearer! Thank you!

Linda — June 20, 2013 @ 4:56 pm

I want to be added to your group of friends! LOL!

Kim — July 7, 2013 @ 8:47 am

I made these last night to bring to a dinner. They asked me to bring an appetizer and these were at the top of my list to try. They were excellent. I made them up earlier in the day went to an afternoon party and came home and popped them in the oven 375 for 30 min and took them out wrapped in foil and off we went. Wow one of my new favorite appetizers now. Thank you!!!!!

Daniëlle — July 15, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

Yuck, these bites were definitely not good!! Way too salt. That was the only thing I tasted, salt, salt and nothing but salt. My husband had some too and I must admit he was not half as negative as I was in fact he actually said he wouldn’t mind me making these bites again, although he thought they we a bit on the salty side as well….We’re from The Netherlands and perhaps we’re not used to salty food like this, e.g. our government decided food produced in the Netherlands must contain less and less salt…..

susie — August 11, 2013 @ 6:42 pm

I’ve been making these forever but I used the cream cheese with chives… absolutely delish

ElllenFitz — August 11, 2013 @ 7:27 pm

These look great but I have a question. Is that piece of bacon in picture #1 really just a half-slice? It looks like a full slice to me and if so, do I need 16 slices for this recipe? Can those of you who made it already respond as well? Thanks!

• Tina replied: — August 14th, 2013 @ 2:28 pm

it’s really a half slice & it’s enough I promise… it has to be a thin layer otherwise it wont bake evenly :)

Diane — August 11, 2013 @ 8:24 pm

These are my very favorite appetizer!!! I have been making these
    for years and no matter what occasion I am making them for, they
    are always the first thing on the table to disappear. Once people get a taste of these, they just keep coming back for more and more. We can never have enough of these.

David Brown — August 12, 2013 @ 8:14 am

8 just ain’t enough, we’re talking bacon here!!!

Easy Bacon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups | — September 7, 2013 @ 5:12 am

[…] Easy Bacon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups […]

Carmen — September 27, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

Friggin’ awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb — October 3, 2013 @ 8:24 pm

Can they be made ahead and frozen?

• Tina replied: — October 7th, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

I’m not sure… I haven’t tried this :-/ I’d be worried about them getting soggy.

Nayeli — October 7, 2013 @ 8:10 am

Love it… I wish I’ve seen this yesterday… It was my Baby Shower…

Jen — October 25, 2013 @ 4:26 pm

My mom has made something similar for years with condensed cream of mushroom soup instead of cream cheese, if you cool them you can freeze them in a ziptop bag for at least on month. then just reheat until crisp.

Ella — December 4, 2013 @ 4:54 pm

These look great! I’m making them for a party. I’m trying to figure out if it would be better to put them together the night before then bake them right before the party? Or put them together and bake them the night before and just warm them up before the party?

• Tina replied: — December 9th, 2013 @ 10:05 am

I usually make them the day of, but don’t see a problem with assembling them the day prior – i would wait until day-of and bake them fresh though… they aren’t as good reheated :)

12 Delicious Appetizers For Your Super Bowl Party - Love of Family & Home — January 12, 2014 @ 5:51 pm

[…] Bacon Cream Cheese Roll-ups via My Life as a Mrs.  […]

February 2014 | Dream BIG Runner — March 5, 2014 @ 6:01 am

[…] Pinterest. You only need 3 ingredients (bacon, cream cheese and bread).  It was soo good!! Click HERE for the full […]

michelle — September 10, 2014 @ 8:22 am

My family has also made these for as long as I can remember. Through the years I however have fiddled a bit with the cream cheese mixture. We’ve added things like chives, minced garlic, or jalapenos (my personal fave with warmed up Pineapple or apricot preserves for dipping)

• Tina replied: — September 10th, 2014 @ 2:33 pm

ooo the pineapple preserve idea is calling my name!!

Lyndsey — September 26, 2014 @ 2:33 pm

What kind of bread is best? Looks like you used Hawaiian bread in the picture…?

• Tina replied: — September 27th, 2014 @ 10:02 am

I used potato bread in this one because it’s what we had on hand… but I’ve used regular old white sandwich bread many times and it turns out fantastic (Think Sunbeam/Wonder etc…)!

Terri — November 6, 2014 @ 4:20 pm

Great recipe! Like you, we’ve been making these for generations. Sometimes we’ve made additions to the cream cheese such as dry ranch dressing or chopped chives. Have also used the vegee cream cheese. (I still like the original best though!).

But here’s a dessert version which always gets rave reviews: make them the same way but omit bacon. Roll up and secure with toothpick. Dip the rolls in melted butter and then dip them in a bowl of cinnamon sugar. Cover completely with the sugar mixture and bake until golden. The sugar caramelizes in the oven and it’s just heaven.

Lorri — November 25, 2014 @ 1:34 pm

What kind of bread did you use?

• Lorri replied: — November 25th, 2014 @ 1:34 pm