Thursday, August 23, 2012

things i’m loving right now:

• The Hunger Games: okay, I know I’m like the LAST person to jump on the bandwagon… but I finally did (After watching the movie that is…). It’s kind of how I roll: Watch the movie first, make sure the ending is acceptable, THEN read the book. BOOM. It’s how it all went down with me & the Twilight series.

• Can’t even wait for my girl Jess’s (The Novice Chef Blog) donut cookbook to come out!!! And I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy!!! Ya’ll should probably pre-order. Just sayin ;)

{image snagged from Jess’s site}

• Covert Affairs: yes, I realize most people think this show is total cheese ball, but I can’t help myself. I’ve kind of been obsessed with super-spy based shows since… well… the days of Jennifer Garner in ALIAS (PLEASE tell me I’m not the only one that obsessed over that show!). Anyhow, as for Covert Affairs, I have to keep watching to see if Annie & Auggie will ever end up together (hopeless romantic I tell you…).

(image source)

• So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD): It’s the ONLY reality talent show I’ll watch. I’m SO over American Idol / America’s Got Talent / Dancing with the Stars / The Voice / X-Factor… THERE. I said it.

(Image source

• My camera travel backpack. I purchased it after seeing Dara’s bag in Carmel & reading Amanda’s review on her blog. With all the travel I’ve been doing lately I knew it would be a great investment! And? I LOVE it. It is the perfect travel bag. Not gonna lie – it’s SUPER heavy when it’s jam packed, but that bad boy fits a LOT of stuff & still fits under the seat of an airplane (no need for the overhead bin). Plus I’ve decided I’ll never travel with anything other than a backpack. With all the shenanegans I need for these blogging trips (camera/lenses/laptop/ipad/chargers etc…), it’s SO much easier to lug a backpack around than one of those cuter over-the-shoulder bags. As I get older… practicality wins. Plus, I don’t need to worry about looking fashionable on airplanes anymore… I already met my husband that way ;)

• Speaking of Kevin and Amanda… I’m DYING over this post. If you are a dog lover you HAVE to check out these sweet pics!

one thing i’m not loving right now:

• Tropical Storm Isaac heading straight our way. UGH. Not in the mood Isaac… seriously!

**what things are YOU loving right now?**

17 Responses to “things i’m loving right now:”

Courtney — August 23, 2012 @ 12:11 pm

Ahhhh! I lovelovelove Covert Affairs.

Jessica Lynn — August 23, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

I LOOOOOOOVED Alias. Actually, I should say “love” since I’m currently rewatching it (for like the fifth time). Covert Affairs is good then? I need a show to watch once I finish this (on season 4 now)!

• Tina replied: — August 24th, 2012 @ 10:00 am

season one is a little cheese ball but i STILL got hooked haha this season is shaping up to be really good! :)

natalie@thesweetslife — August 23, 2012 @ 1:50 pm

fellow Alias fan here!! gosh i miss those days! never even heard of Covert Affairs but it sounds like I need to check it out!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — August 23, 2012 @ 2:24 pm

LOVED Hunger Games! Better late than never :)

Good luck with Isaac! There is a visiting attorney in my office who has to fly back to Florida today (from California)…I am not envious of him!! :(

Shawnda — August 23, 2012 @ 2:50 pm

You are just too sweet! Thanks for including the burgers. Stop by Houston one day and you & I can totally dominate some burgers and margaritas :)

• Tina replied: — August 24th, 2012 @ 9:59 am

oh my word… that would be IN.SANE. like in a really GOOD way! ;) I think I’d have to fast for a week before I came b/c we could do some serious dammage on mexican food/margaritas and burgers!!! drooling just thinking about it… haha

Lisa — August 23, 2012 @ 3:04 pm

Um, I watched Alias religiously. Mild girl crush!! And I’m supposed to be in the panhandle for vacation next week, so I’m hoping Isaac won’t be too bad! Eek!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — August 23, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

I loved that series and quickly moved on to divergent and finished that super quick. PS you should get on goodreads ;)

Heather @ Heather's Dish — August 23, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

ohmigosh, MUST HAVE THOSE BURGERS!

Gloria — August 23, 2012 @ 7:31 pm

Those burgers look FANTASTIC! I live in Puerto Rico and Isaac have been keeping us busy these days. After two days of the government with days free, thank-God nothing happened, everything should be back to normal tomorrow! As for Summer TV I’m OBSESSED with White Collar and Suits! and with the food I’ve been doing your recipe of Korean Beef tacos and the bacon bread and cream chesse “things”! Thanks for sharing! Hope Isaac doesn’t get near Florida

Christina — August 23, 2012 @ 8:57 pm

LOVE covert affairs!!!!!! and i totally think Auggie and Annie should be together, too!!!
    Safe wishes during the hurricane!!!!xp

Nikki @Pennies on a Platter — August 23, 2012 @ 8:58 pm

I’m with Rachel. If you end up loving Hunger Games, then don’t skip and beat and start right into the Divergent series (third book yet to be released.) I heard today that they’re making a movie, too!

• Tina replied: — August 24th, 2012 @ 9:56 am

oh nooooo ANOTHER series to get sucked into??? i’m turning into a total book worm… WEIRD. haha

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — August 24, 2012 @ 7:19 am

I haven’t seen Hunger Games yet! Gosh what is wrong with me? All those burgers look out of this world!!! Have a great weekend!

• Tina replied: — August 24th, 2012 @ 9:56 am

so that makes me the second to last person then… ;)

erin — August 27, 2012 @ 11:28 pm

Covert Affairs is one of my favorite shows too! and I hear ya…they need to date!!