Thursday, August 2, 2012
I’m still getting my groove back after being out of town this past weekend… How Tina got her Groove Back – buh-dump chhh (that was my drum-symbol noise FYI)! We got home SUPER late on Sunday night and boy do I have stories for ya’ll (more on that in a bit)!!! In lieu of a recipe today, I’ll share some tales from the weekend:
1. My niece started saying Ti-Ti this week (pronounced tee-tee… not to be confused with something else haha)… and recognized that Ti-Ti is ME. Pretty much made my life.
2. Speaking of my niece… her baby cackle KILLS me. Like for real.
3. We just got back from Ohio for my grandparents 50th Anniversary/Family Reunion Shin-dig. They are adorable as all get out.
4. We stayed with my aunt & uncle who have 3 dogs, 5 chickens, and a duck (yes, a duck). We also picked berries and veggies from their awesome garden… talk about FARM FRESH!
(Chicken egg image was snagged from my sister in-law’s Instagram!)
5. Our flight home Sunday night was IN.SANE.
6. Did I mention that I absolutely HATE flying (it’s legit my #1 fear).
7. We almost missed our connection because we had a plane but no crew for our Pittsburgh to Baltimore flight. Thankful 15 people were all on our connection flight to West Palm so they held our flight, but we had to run from one end of the Baltimore airport to the other. Good times.
8. We flew Southwest so the only seats left were in the back of the bus (they don’t have assigned seating), and we get seated next to a lady who informs us she’s been drinking champagne all day & goes on a rant about how you should NEVER put your seat back if there is someone behind you. Awesome.
9. We take off and the lady seated in front of “champagne lady”… you guessed it… puts her seat back. This is NOT going to be good.
10. A verbal altercation between the two starts with some loud bantering back and forth about how RUDE it is to put your seat back (Champagne lady’s stance) and how you pay for a seat and you can do whatever the heck you want (lady in front’s stance). They simmer down and Champagne lady thinks it’s a GREAT idea to fling her tray table up into the lady’s seat in front of her… and that my friends is when ______ hit the fan.
11. Did I mention that I have a fear of flying?
12. Lady in front gets up out of her seat and turns around (mind you this is all happening between the lady next to us and the woman in front of us). She literally starts SCREAMING and yelling and waving her hands in the air saying something like, “everyBODY ON THIS PLANE…(getting louder with every syllable)”. Flight attendants come running up and she doesn’t back down. So we hear, “TURN THE PLANE AROUND – SHE’S OFF OF HERE!” followed by my stomach turning from the hard left the airplane made turning around. Fan.freaking.tastic.
13. I like REALLY hate flying.
14. They separated the two women and eventually decided to turn the plane back around and continue toward West Palm (I think EVERYONE was ready to get the heck home at this point).
15. We fly through this INSANE lightning storm (as if I wasn’t already on edge enough) that lit up that daggum sky all around us. FREAKED ME OUT.
16. We FINALLY get to West Palm where there’s like 7 cops waiting at the gate to escort our two “friends” off the airplane.
Moral of the story: Do NOT under any circumstances go bananas on an airplane. Period.