Monday, September 24, 2012

Game Day Eats

Oh my goodness, ya’ll it’s been a crazy week and a half! No, I HAVEN’T fallen off a cliff… I’m still here! I promise.

A few cool things are happening right now:

1. I’m in the process of transitioning to part time at my day job! BIG WOO HOO! I feel really blessed to be able to do so… and a big thanks goes out to YOU guys. Thanks for being so supportive and coming back day after day to read what I have to say. I am forever grateful! Also – I’m really excited about all this because that gives me more time to work on recipes for YOU! So no more disappearing acts when life gets cray-cray. Yay!
  2. I leave Tuesday to head to Iowa for CornQuest! The Iowa Corn Growers Association has invited myself and a few other bloggers to come see what they are all about! If you want to follow along and see what we are up to… I’ll be updating regularly on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook – Oh & the official hashtag is #IACornQuest

Okay… now back to business: Football is back!

…or so I’m told! I wouldn’t know these things. ;) Sports have never really been my thing… I’m seriously the most unathletic person ever!! For. Real. My high school extra curricular activities consisted of drama class… school plays… choir… & other things of that nature. #nerdalert

Anyhow, since football is back, I thought I’d give ya’ll some game-day inspiration! Because when it comes to football, the one thing I AM good at is making sure there are lots of good eats around!

It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it!

DIPS:

24. Stuffed Calzone

25. Eggplant Parmesan Pizza

COCKTAILS:

26. Blood Orange Margarita

27. Spiced Apple Cider Sangria

28. Pineapple Spike Sweet Tea

Come back tomorrow for a new recipe (FINALLY!) :)

27 Responses to “Game Day Eats”

Ali @ Gimme Some Oven — September 24, 2012 @ 9:07 am

Congrats on the move to part-time! So exciting!! And I can’t WAIT to meet you tomorrow in Iowa!! :-)

This round-up looks so perfect for football season. Yum!

• Tina replied: — September 24th, 2012 @ 3:09 pm

Thanks! & I was SUPER excited to hear you are going to be in Iowa! YAY we get to be “real-life” friends :)

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — September 24, 2012 @ 9:37 am

I love the round up! Great Ideas…Every Sunday Im looking for new apps to make for my fiance and everyone watching the game..you have some fab recipes! Putting a little more ease into finding something different every weekend! haha By the way, I love the way you did the pic gallery, is that a plugin?!

• Tina replied: — September 24th, 2012 @ 12:37 pm

No, I did it in Photoshop using a preset action from coffeeshopblog… it’s sort of a “plug in” of sorts for photoshop!

Bree — September 24, 2012 @ 11:58 am

EVERYTHING here looks amazing!

• Tina replied: — September 24th, 2012 @ 3:08 pm

thanks so much Bree :)

Madison @ Espresso and Cream — September 24, 2012 @ 12:01 pm

Congrats on making the big step toward blogging more and taking your full-time gig to part time! What an exciting step, lady!

• Tina replied: — September 24th, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

thanks so much, girl! :)

Mom — September 24, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

Go girl! I’m proud of you

• Tina replied: — September 25th, 2012 @ 11:47 am

Amy @ The Nifty Foodie — September 24, 2012 @ 12:12 pm

CONGRATS on going part-time with the day job! You have such an awesome blog…you totally deserve this! :-) Can’t wait to see what happens next for you!

• Tina replied: — September 24th, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

aww you are so sweet! Thanks so much lady! :)

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — September 24, 2012 @ 1:57 pm

My BF and I were drama nerds too.. No football for us, but we sure can eat and drink!

I think my favorite recipes of yours (though it feels blasphemous to say it, cause all of them are great) are your pizzas! They all look soo good. Drool.

• Tina replied: — September 25th, 2012 @ 11:46 am

no shame in loving pizza…. I’m ALL about it :)

Joy Wilson Poole — September 24, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

Way to go, Tina!!!!! Great post, too.

• Tina replied: — September 25th, 2012 @ 11:47 am

thanks Joy!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — September 24, 2012 @ 5:00 pm

Going to part time is awesome – congrats!! Love your line up, I want to come to parties at your house!

• Tina replied: — September 25th, 2012 @ 11:47 am

come on over! :)

Linda — September 24, 2012 @ 8:11 pm

Lovely pictures, everything looks soooooo good and congrats on your job transition! Now, I’m starving, lol.

• Tina replied: — September 25th, 2012 @ 11:47 am

Thank you!!!

Anna — September 24, 2012 @ 10:10 pm

I just wanted to state that the restaurant style salsa has become a staple in my house – I have to make it weekly for my hubby :) Thanks for the recipe!

• Tina replied: — September 25th, 2012 @ 11:48 am

yay!!! SO excited to hear it!!!! :)

Megan {Country Cleaver} — September 24, 2012 @ 10:44 pm

SO many great ideas doll! Congrats on the job. I so wish I was going to be with you girls this week in Iowa!! Fingers crossed I get to see you again soon. XO!

• Tina replied: — September 25th, 2012 @ 11:48 am

thanks love! & I wish you were here too!!!!!!! Hope married life is treating you fabulously xoxo

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — September 25, 2012 @ 7:54 am

Dam Girl, I’m coming to your house for football season!!!!! Congratulations on going part-time~ That is awesome!!

• Tina replied: — September 25th, 2012 @ 11:49 am

come on over! & thanks for the congrats! :)

Michelle — September 25, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

Yay for football food! I think you made this blog just for me! We will miss you when you go part-time, but so happy for you! Can’t wait to try some of these for game day!