Thursday, January 3, 2013
A New Year
Hey there 2013… Nice to meet ya!
Ya’ll is it really TWENTY-THIRTEEN already?! I feel like we just did the 2012 thing… GOODNESS GRACIOUS! The past few years have gone by in such a FLASH!
Well, when we usher in a new year I always like to take a look and reflect over the previous year and see the trials overcome and blessing and provisions provided…
Big Blessings in 2012:
- We prayed for a new job for Hubs for YEARS (we’re talking at least 2 years… every. single. night.). Well, friends, sometimes God’s answer isn’t an immediate yes, it may be “WAIT”… but let me tell you: He. is. FAITHFUL. Hubs started a new job at the beginning of the year that’s been such a HUGE blessing… beyond our wildest dreams! Praise the Lord!
- We also found a new church home at the beginning of the year that we are so incredibly blessed to be a part of! We are finally EXCITED about going to church on Sunday mornings and serving throughout the week… it’s truly become a home / second family to us! And more importantly another answer to prayer.
- Thanks to YOU guys – there was tremendous growth on this blog! I’m always amazed to see the difference a year makes… Exciting things to come!
- I had my first ever Print Publication in the Publix Family Style Magazine.
Life Lessons of 2012:
“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”
- Perserverence: As we approach 2 1/2 years of trying to have children, I know that God is shaping our hearts using this trial as a refining fire.
“Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”
- I am NOT in control: this girl (thumbs pointed at myself) is a major control freak, planner, & overall OCD kinda gal. I have learned in our present circumstances, that you can do everything “right” & “by the books”, but guess what?! Creation of life isn’t in our hands… we are learning (constantly) that it’s the “big guy upstairs” who is in control and we are trusting in Him.
“Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.”
Big Personal Changes for 2013:
- I have officially quit my daytime job and as of January 1st am a FULL-TIME BLOGGER. I am SO excited about this coming year and have lots of ideas up my sleeve for this site! Thank you guys for reading daily and bearing with me in the slow periods when life got in the way of posting regularly… I’m looking forward to a regular posting schedule – stay tuned!
- Hubs and I have decided to move forward with IVF… This was a huge (very scary and EXTREMELY expensive) step of faith, but we are fully confident that the Lord provided the money to move forward with it. He has carried us through this crazy up and down journey thus far and we are trusting Him to carry us through this part!
Plans for this website in 2013:
- Regular Posting Schedule. TBD, however, it’ll be at least 3-4 times a week on a consistent basis! HOORAY!
- The return of Cocktail Friday. It won’t be every week, but hubs has promised to make a better effort at bringing back the libations!
- I have considered starting a monthly or bi-monthly “My Life as a Mrs” e-mail newsletter. Things to be included: family/personal updates, favorite ‘My Life as a Mrs’ recipes of the month, links to other blogs with scrumptious looking recipes, etc… Thoughts? Would this be something you guys would be interested in??
Personal Goals for 2013:
- Start a Prayer Journal: Writing down the things I’m praying for on a daily basis… big things, small things, everything (and going back and noting when they are answered). This morning I started my journal. As I began writing out all the “BIG” answers to prayer that I could remember over the past few years I had filled and entire page. An ENTIRE page of MAJOR answered prayer… that didn’t even include the little day to day things! This is SUCH a comfort to be reminded of the Lord’s faithfulness in the past and encouragement that He WILL continue to be faithful in the present and future. As we continue this almost 2 1/2 year battle with infertility and move forward with IVF – I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will be faithful in giving us a family. I don’t know WHEN, but I do know that He will be faithful (see # 1 of Big Blessings of 2012).
- Be in God’s Word daily.
- Pray more.
- Take up Yoga… I hear it’s great for stress relief & flexibility – any website / dvd recommendations for beginners???