Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Year

Hey there 2013… Nice to meet ya!

2013

Ya’ll is it really TWENTY-THIRTEEN already?! I feel like we just did the 2012 thing… GOODNESS GRACIOUS! The past few years have gone by in such a FLASH!

Well, when we usher in a new year I always like to take a look and reflect over the previous year and see the trials overcome and blessing and provisions provided…

Big Blessings in 2012:

1. We prayed for a new job for Hubs for YEARS (we’re talking at least 2 years… every. single. night.). Well, friends, sometimes God’s answer isn’t an immediate yes, it may be “WAIT”… but let me tell you: He. is. FAITHFUL. Hubs started a new job at the beginning of the year that’s been such a HUGE blessing… beyond our wildest dreams! Praise the Lord!
  2. We also found a new church home at the beginning of the year that we are so incredibly blessed to be a part of! We are finally EXCITED about going to church on Sunday mornings and serving throughout the week… it’s truly become a home / second family to us! And more importantly another answer to prayer.
  3. Thanks to YOU guys – there was tremendous growth on this blog! I’m always amazed to see the difference a year makes… Exciting things to come!
  4. I had my first ever Print Publication in the Publix Family Style Magazine.

Life Lessons of 2012:

• Patience.

Romans 12:12

“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”

• Perserverence: As we approach 2 1/2 years of trying to have children, I know that God is shaping our hearts using this trial as a refining fire.

Romans 5:3-5

“Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”

• I am NOT in control: this girl (thumbs pointed at myself) is a major control freak, planner, & overall OCD kinda gal. I have learned in our present circumstances, that you can do everything “right” & “by the books”, but guess what?! Creation of life isn’t in our hands… we are learning (constantly) that it’s the “big guy upstairs” who is in control and we are trusting in Him.

Psalm 55:22

“Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.”

Big Personal Changes for 2013:

1. I have officially quit my daytime job and as of January 1st am a FULL-TIME BLOGGER. I am SO excited about this coming year and have lots of ideas up my sleeve for this site! Thank you guys for reading daily and bearing with me in the slow periods when life got in the way of posting regularly… I’m looking forward to a regular posting schedule – stay tuned! ;)
  2. Hubs and I have decided to move forward with IVF… This was a huge (very scary and EXTREMELY expensive) step of faith, but we are fully confident that the Lord provided the money to move forward with it. He has carried us through this crazy up and down journey thus far and we are trusting Him to carry us through this part!

Plans for this website in 2013:

• Regular Posting Schedule. TBD, however, it’ll be at least 3-4 times a week on a consistent basis! HOORAY!
  • The return of Cocktail Friday. It won’t be every week, but hubs has promised to make a better effort at bringing back the libations!
  • I have considered starting a monthly or bi-monthly “My Life as a Mrs” e-mail newsletter. Things to be included: family/personal updates, favorite ‘My Life as a Mrs’ recipes of the month, links to other blogs with scrumptious looking recipes, etc… Thoughts? Would this be something you guys would be interested in??

Personal Goals for 2013:

1. Start a Prayer Journal: Writing down the things I’m praying for on a daily basis… big things, small things, everything (and going back and noting when they are answered). This morning I started my journal. As I began writing out all the “BIG” answers to prayer that I could remember over the past few years I had filled and entire page. An ENTIRE page of MAJOR answered prayer… that didn’t even include the little day to day things! This is SUCH a comfort to be reminded of the Lord’s faithfulness in the past and encouragement that He WILL continue to be faithful in the present and future. As we continue this almost 2 1/2 year battle with infertility and move forward with IVF – I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will be faithful in giving us a family. I don’t know WHEN, but I do know that He will be faithful (see # 1 of Big Blessings of 2012).
  2. Be in God’s Word daily.
  3. Pray more.
  4. Take up Yoga… I hear it’s great for stress relief & flexibility – any website / dvd recommendations for beginners???

What blessings have you seen over the coarse of the last year? And what goals/resolutions do you have for the New Year?

41 Responses to “A New Year”

Amy @ The Nifty Foodie — January 3, 2013 @ 11:58 am

Congrats on full time blogging now! That’s so exciting!

Best of luck with IVF! Sending good thoughts and prayers!

Elizabeth Ann — January 3, 2013 @ 11:59 am

I’m your newest follower from eat yourself skinny! :-) Love your goals! :-) I’ll be praying that IVF is as painless as possible and is successful! :-)

Lucinda — January 3, 2013 @ 12:17 pm

I started a prayer journal in 2012 and kept it faithfully and it has been a wonderful experience. I highly recommend it.
    Happy New Year…looking forward to 2013 posts!

jessica lynn — January 3, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

I’m excited for your 2013 and my personal goals for this year mimic yours. I really, really need to get back into the Word, and I’ve been wanting to start a prayer journal for several months…I just keep procrastinating it. I need to stop waiting and start praying and writing.

Can’t wait to see where God takes you guys this year!

Katie H. — January 3, 2013 @ 12:21 pm

I was just sent over from Eat Yourself Skinny. Congratulations on becoming a full-time blogger. That is AWESOME! I can only dream of such a day… (I think you need more than 400 page views/day, though…)

Can’t wait to read more!

Bekah — January 3, 2013 @ 12:25 pm

What a great testimony to God’s faithfulness. Keep the Faith and stay engaged, we are believing and praying alongside you…I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your first baby pictures. The Wileys are overcomers by the blood of the lamb and the word of your testimony.

BTW…YOGA is AWESOME, if you have some time you should look into joining a studio, but DVDs are always good.

Lyndi @ The Journey... — January 3, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

I just started following your blog, and I already know I’m going to LOVE it!! :) I can already see we have a lot in common.

We had many blessings in 2012, but most exciting/nerve racking came at the end of the year. My Hubs will be starting the journey of a new job in just a couple weeks!! It’s something we’ve been praying for too, so it’s an answer to prayers.

I have many goals for this new year, but my biggest go it to be a better me in 2013!! To be better in all areas of my life!

Packing Rainbows — January 3, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

First time on your blog :) Great post – I heard a great teaching from Pastor Joseph Prince (Singapore) about tithing – giving first fruits – that includes – best/first part of the day – that was a revelation for me – so I resolve to mark this year with spending time with God 1st thing in the morning :)

Sheila @ LiveLaughLove — January 3, 2013 @ 1:08 pm

I love the way you wrote you personal goals. Thanks for sharing!:) It is very inspiring! I am also planning on posting 3-4 times a week on my blog, trying to gain more followers as I’m still a newbie. I also start doing more yoga! prenatal yoga that is :)

brandi — January 3, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

ahhh i’m so excited for you!!

Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama — January 3, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

congrats on making the change to full time blogger! That is a great accomplishment. Hope 2013 is a great year for you and your family.

Victoria — January 3, 2013 @ 1:50 pm

Best wishes to you and the hubs as you start a new year and a new journey together! Your faith has been such an inspiration to me. I look forward to this new year and to see what you have up your sleeve. Happy New Year and God Bless.

Sues — January 3, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

Congrats on such a huge and awesome year!! Sounds like 2013 is going to be even more amazing for you. Good luck and I’ll obviously be following along :)

Brittany @ DulceVie — January 3, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

Congrats on a great year! My blessing this year was getting into college :) And my resolutions/goals for 2013 are to: stay organized, walk my dogs more often, eat healthier/cleaner, complete a project 365 (photo a day challange), and keep up with my blog :) Happy New Year!

KimZ — January 3, 2013 @ 3:46 pm

Congrats on becoming a full time blogger. That is a huge accomplishment.
    Friends of ours did IVF & now have twins (boy & girl). God will be faithful & with you every step of the way.
    Also want to say that I really really appreciate you being so open about your spiritual walk as well. This is a great avenue for you to share your faith & I so appreciate that you do. Keep it up. God is blessing you…

Abby — January 3, 2013 @ 4:21 pm

He is so good!

Nikki @Pennies on a Platter — January 3, 2013 @ 4:26 pm

Thanks for sharing your personal ups and downs with all of us, Tina! One of my highlights for 2012 was getting to know YOU and meeting such a sweet gal. Continuing to pray for you, as always. Love that you’re starting to keep a prayer journal, too. It brings many blessings to not only yourself, but of course the ones you’re praying for! :) Cheers to 2013!

Karm — January 3, 2013 @ 6:16 pm

HAPPY 2013!!
    I am excited to start reading your posts. I love your blog, I might have tweeted that earlier haha (:
    Awesome recipes!!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — January 3, 2013 @ 6:22 pm

I love reading your reflections about the past year and hopes for the new year! Best of luck with IVF…I hope the procedure you had earlier this year will help the eventual outcome :) Lots of good thoughts headed your way for a great 2013!!

Jessica — January 3, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

I love your blog, and am so impressed at your openness about your faith. You set such a wonderful example for your readers!

What I wanted to tell you about is yoga! I started bikram (hot yoga) four months ago and I LOVE it! I hate heat, and sweating, and yes I do live in the south where it’s unbearable at times, but hopefully this will break me of it! I’ve never done any other kind of yoga or strict exercise regimen-it truly is for beginners, and I feel so much better, sleep so much better, am so much more focused and less stressed! It isn’t for everyone, but don’t exclude it. I go to classes 3 or 4 times a week, and feel that if I miss days my body doesn’t feel as good. A plus, is that I’ve lost weight, without even trying for real, and you can really see progress, as you’re doing the same 26 postures in the same order every single class (some people don’t like this boot camp approach). Any yoga will make you feel fabulous, good luck!

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — January 3, 2013 @ 7:28 pm

Congrats on going full-time with blogging! What a dream come true that must be. I’ll keep you guys in my prayers with regards to IVF!

Linda | The Urban Mrs — January 3, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

Congrats! It’s definitely a big step for you rnad hubs, but I agree, His timing is perfect. I look forward to read more of your stories in 2013. Happy blogging!

Brandi — January 3, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

Congrats! My husband and I had to go through IVF too. I wish you the best of luck. Love your blog.

Amy @ Little Adventures — January 3, 2013 @ 11:05 pm

Congrats on the big steps for 2013 :) may your life be blessed tenfold … and may your walk with God become a closer one every passing day! Good luck with IVF, wishing you the best… and definately try YOGA booty! :) I love it! its restorative yoga! :D love love love and has a little cardio aspect too!

Jessica — January 4, 2013 @ 12:14 am

I’m so excited for everything mentioned! 2013 is going to be the best year yet…I just know it. Who said 13 wasn’t lucky?! :-)

Erin @ The Lovely Life — January 4, 2013 @ 7:01 am

Congratulations, and most importantly – PRAISE THE LORD!! :)
    I also do a prayer journal; besides helping me remember all the things I need/want to pray about, it helps me to put things into perspective and not worry about them so much. Also, I’m joining an online Bible study through Good Morning Girls to help me get back into the Word. Blessings in the New Year! I’ll be reading along! :)

Sandra — January 4, 2013 @ 7:12 am

Congratulations and wishing you tons of blessings!

jann jones — January 4, 2013 @ 7:23 am

As a Pagan, I believe that there is a chart for everything,I ,too, pray that you finally have your little feet tearing through your house, smearing every window possible, and all, it is wonderful, though crazymaking(I just washed that window…. Argghhh!, my baby is 22, my only biological, he was a terrorist.. Little stinker. Congrats on full time blogging! I hope 2013

jann jones — January 4, 2013 @ 7:24 am

2) is the year for you two, and for me to get rid of at least 50 lb… More than that to go, but…:-D

Rachel — January 4, 2013 @ 7:33 am

Can’t wait for more posts from you each week- you are the much needed mental break from my work day :) 2013 will be your year!!!

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — January 4, 2013 @ 8:52 am

So much exciting news, Tina! Congratulations to your husband on his new job and to you for your new full-time one :) !!!

Jaren — January 4, 2013 @ 9:34 am

I enjoyed this post so much! So inspirational. God is working through you even on this blog! You said things that many people need to hear. Congratulations on your decision! I look forward to the many exciting things to come on your blog.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — January 4, 2013 @ 9:42 am

I ams o happy for you and your Hubs! What a wonderful way to start the new year!

Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids — January 4, 2013 @ 12:11 pm

Congratulations on becoming a full time blogger! And, I will be praying for IVF success. Even though I have never met you, I actually think about you often and hope to see baby news each time a new post appears in my email. 2013 is sure to be a great year for you!

Carrie — January 4, 2013 @ 2:49 pm

I love this post Tina. You have inspired me…not just this time either. Thanks for being so AWESOME!

Victoria — January 5, 2013 @ 1:08 am

I started reading your blog sometime last year! Love your recipes and very excited for you in 2013 with being able to do this full time. :) You must be doing SOMETHING right, right? (Duh!)

The prayer journal is a great idea! I get soooo overwhelmed by the GOODNESS of God anytime I take a moment to consider the ways He has shown His hand in my life. He does some pretty amazing things.

angela @ another bite please — January 5, 2013 @ 9:44 pm

ahhh..what a beautiful post…i love how you put scripture with everything!!! I would love to read your newsletter especially if it is anything like this post! congrats on all..and excited about your blog for 2013!

Diana — January 7, 2013 @ 6:06 pm

Happy 2013!!! I’m right with you – I looove food and am also starting the IVF process (begins tomorrow actually), so I’ll be praying for the both of us! Cooking is my best comfort/ distraction in the midst of all the baby-ness.

Love your blog, congratulations on all your success with it – I’m excited for all your future posts :)

Emily | Sparkle Meets Pop — January 8, 2013 @ 6:36 pm

I’m super late in responding but lots of big news! Congrats on both of your “new” jobs. I pray that the IVF goes well — sending lots of love and prayers your way. All the best in 2013!

Lissi — February 4, 2013 @ 9:04 am

Congrats! Wonderful blog (especially for those of us learning how to cook!). Don’t be afraid of IVF. I spent 12 years of IVF treatments but ended up with a beautiful boy on my 6th IVF cycle, and another beautiful boy on my 8th IVF cycle. We couldn’t have done it without all of the prayers from our family and friends. Have Faith!! Sending many Blessings and Prayers your way.

Lauri Dean — June 3, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

Just wanted to reach out to you. My husband and I went through 2 years of infertility as well. We had several miscarriages and I had every procedure imagineable. I finally went to a specialist in Houston who removed endometriosis and a septum from my uteris, so we finally were blessed with a beautiful baby boy. We tried for our second 2 yrs later but after miscarrying 2 times and having some health issues ( all lined out in my blog) we decided that God blessed us with 1. It was a tough decision and I still sometimes feel that void. I planned my whole life on having 2 children, but I am 36 and I know he has a glorious plan. Every bad thing that has happened has brought about such joys. I remind myself that if I hadn’t had my first 2 miscarriages, I wouldn’t have my Ty and I couldn’t imagine life without him. It does make relationships stronger. My husband and I are celebrating our 9th anniverary and we couldn’t be happier. I will continue to pray for you.. after reading this I am reminded that I need to start my prayer journal as well.