Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chipotle Turkey Sliders

Chipotle Turkey Sliders | My Life as a Mrs

Oops I did it again… ;)

I made ANOTHER Panera Bread copycat!

I can’t help myself:

…and now THIS knock-off of their Sierra Turkey Sandwich (a personal favorite of mine):

Chipotle Turkey Sliders | My Life as a Mrs

I’ve talked about it time and time again, but I LOVE Panera. Hubs, however = not a fan. Something about there not being enough meat on their sandwiches or something…?

Men.

The compromise is me recreating their items at home so I can tweak it to our liking – hubs gets double meat on his sandwich and he’s a happy happy camper. Easy to please, I tell you!

Total side note, but he also made me make and entire JAR of the chipotle mayo. As in – sent me to the store to by a new jar of mayo and a jar of chipotle peppers, had me blend up the mixture and scrape it right back into the jar. He’s been eating it on everything. Even his morning egg sandwiches (GAG!).

He says it’s “that” good.

Chipotle Turkey Sliders | My Life as a Mrs

Note: This particular post was not sponsored by Alexia Foods… I just LOVE their products!

Chipotle Turkey Sliders | My Life as a Mrs

Yield: 7 sliders

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

An easy recipe to kick the regular ol' mundane turkey sandwich up a notch!

For the Chipotle Mayonnaise:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely diced
1 tablespoon of adobo sauce

For the Chipotle Turkey Sliders:
1 bag Alexia Foccacia Rolls (7 rolls)
3/4 pound shaved turkey breast (ask the deli person to shave the turkey)
2 cups mixed greens
1/2 Red onion, thinly sliced
Chipotle mayo (above)

For the Chipotle Mayonnaise:
Mix ingredients together in a bowl and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes (may also puree in food processor or blender). Set aside until ready to use.

For the Chipotle Turkey Sliders:
Bake Focaccia rolls according to package instructions. Allow to cool, then slice in half horizontally. To each roll, add 1-1 1/2 teaspoons of chipotle mayo, 1-1 1/2 ounces of shaved turkey, a sprinkle of mixed greens and a few slices of red onion. Serve!

Chipotle Turkey Sliders | My Life as a Mrs

22 Responses to “Chipotle Turkey Sliders”

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 16, 2013 @ 8:39 am

There is absolutely nothing wrong with another Panera copycat! Sounds like a fantastic lunch! I thought I was the only one who enjoyed their turkey shaved. I usually ask for it falling apart lol. :)

Bev @ Bev Cooks — January 16, 2013 @ 9:50 am

Dude. I’ll be over in like 20.

Jennifer — January 16, 2013 @ 11:10 am

Looks AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — January 16, 2013 @ 11:13 am

This is my husbands favorite food. Ever. He eats turkey sandwiches for lunch everyday. I’m sure he’d appreciate this amped up version!

carrian — January 16, 2013 @ 11:34 am

And I hope you continue to make them! This looks drool worthy to me!

Suzanne — January 16, 2013 @ 1:46 pm

Love Panera and the copycats, thanks!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — January 16, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

I’ve actually really been into turkey sandwiches lately – I’m trying to increase my protein, and turkey is such a good lean protein source.

The hubs sounds like a clone of my BF – he loves tons of meat, and lots of SAUCE on everything, especially if it’s spicy! I think these are definitely in our future :)

Nikki @Pennies on a Platter — January 16, 2013 @ 4:45 pm

haha! Hubs is addicted to the mayo! :) I need to try this sandwich! Keep the Panera recipes coming, because we have NONE in Mississippi! Can you believe that?? Grrrrr…

Beth Anne — January 16, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

ahhh thats my favorite sandwich too!! =) what is it with our hubbys not liking Panera!

Jeff — January 16, 2013 @ 6:40 pm

A sandwich with potato chips? Brilliant! Of course, this is something that should be included with every sandwich, but I strongly believe they should be inside the bun too! Great pictures!

Brandi @ new 30 something — January 16, 2013 @ 10:01 pm

I LOVE this sandwich! Luckily, my husband doesn’t mind the occasional trip to Panera. I may have to try this after I finish my 24 day challenge.

Megan {Country Cleaver} — January 16, 2013 @ 11:25 pm

Make ALLLLL the Panera copy cats you want – I can’t get enough of that place!! Killahhhh!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — January 17, 2013 @ 7:56 am

Love your copy cat recipe! Looks WAY better then the original! By the way my Hubby doesn’t like Panera either. He said the sandwich combos are weird and you don’t get enough meat!

Jaren — January 17, 2013 @ 8:55 am

That looks sooo good! Perfect for making for my work lunches during the week! Thanks for the idea!

Mackenzie {SusieFreakingHomemaker} — January 17, 2013 @ 9:16 am

Um, can I just say that I agree with Hubs! We always have a jar of chipotle mayo in our fridge, and my husband puts it on everything too!!

Jordan — January 17, 2013 @ 9:33 am

This is one of my favorite Panera sandwiches too! I love dipping it in their tomato soup. Thanks for sharing a make-at-home recipe!

Jessica — January 17, 2013 @ 2:01 pm

Love, love, love these! And even better, they use Alexia Rolls!

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — January 17, 2013 @ 4:58 pm

My little brother and my husband are both haters of Panera for dinner. I don’t understand their logic. They say you can’t have a snadwich for dinner, but a burger is legit? Anyway, I love this sandwich from Panera and I can’t wait to make this at home to save some money!

Megan — January 17, 2013 @ 7:03 pm

Love Panera but like yours, my husband is not a fan either so its usually reserved for Saturday errand runs. Quick question, when you make the whole jar of mayo, how many chipotles do you put in, the whole can? I think I’ll be stopping at the grocery store on my way home.

Bree — January 18, 2013 @ 12:13 am

I love panera too and this sandwich looks seriously amazing!

The Novice Chef » Upscale Party Food for Super Bowl 2013 — January 18, 2013 @ 2:14 pm

[…] Chipotle Turkey Sliders […]

Smoky Chipotle Turkey Sandwich | This Is This Life — January 19, 2013 @ 2:30 pm

[…] recipe for the sauce came from here and inspired me to create one of my favorite Panera sandwiches at home. I topped our sandwiches […]