Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Easy 3-Ingredient Ritz Cracker Chicken

Easy 3-Ingredient Ritz Cracker Chicken | www.mylifeasamrs.com

Alright ya’ll… this recipe is one from way back in the archives (circa 2009). It’s an oldie, but a GOODIE… and needed some serious photo re-vamping! ;)

When I recently asked you guys what type of recipes you all wanted to see in 2013, I had an overwhelming response of “Easy, Kid-Friendly, & Can be easily adjust to serve just 1-2 people.”

Well, today is your day…

Easy 3-Ingredient Ritz Cracker Chicken | www.mylifeasamrs.com

I’m all about making things homemade when possible, but sometimes I just want a quick & simple dinner that uses pantry ingredients! This dinner meets all of the aforementioned criteria!

PLUS it only requires 3 (THREE) ingredients!!!

Easy 3-Ingredient Ritz Cracker Chicken | www.mylifeasamrs.com

3 ingredients, ya’ll!!!

1. Chicken tenderloins (plus a little salt & pepper which do NOT count!)
  2. Ranch Dressing
  3. Ritz Crackers

It does NOT get much easier than that!

Easy 3-Ingredient Ritz Cracker Chicken

Yield: 3-4 servings

Prep Time: 10 mintues

Cook Time: 25-35 minutes

Total Time: 35-45 minutes

Easy 3-ingredient chicken dish that the kids will LOVE!

1 pound chicken tenderloins*
1/2 Ranch dressing
1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers, crushed
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Place a oven-safe cooling rack inside of a cookie sheet, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Note: you can definitely bake this in a regular baking dish (or on a cookie sheet), it just won't have the same crisp underside like it would when cooked over a cooling rack.

Line up an assembly line of 3 dishes: The 1st with chicken tenderloins (You could also use regular boneless skinless chicken breasts- you'll want to pound them out - or butterfly them- first), the 2nd with Ranch Dressing, and the 3rd with the crushed up Ritz Crackers.

Season the chicken tenderloins with a pinch of salt & pepper then coat them in ranch dressing, immediately followed by the Ritz Crackers. Make sure they are coated well!

Place on prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF (check with meat thermometer after 25 minutes).

Serve hot with a side of veggies (or a side salad) and additional Ranch for dipping!

Easy 3-Ingredient Ritz Cracker Chicken | www.mylifeasamrs.com

24 Responses to “Easy 3-Ingredient Ritz Cracker Chicken”

Bree {Skinny Mommy} — January 9, 2013 @ 11:45 am

I love this recipe—sooo easy!

Leslie — January 9, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

Ohhh I have made this before, but not with the ranch! I am LOVING your version!!!!

Laura — January 9, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

I made this a while back and it was sooo delicious! the second time I made it I mixed in shredded colby jack cheese in with the crackers, YUM!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — January 9, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

these look amazing!!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — January 9, 2013 @ 5:38 pm

I love looking at the old vs new photos! Breading chicken and giving it a nice oven fry always impresses the folks I feed (e.g. my boyfriend & parents!), and I can only imagine how great this tastes with the ranch dressing :)

Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama — January 9, 2013 @ 9:55 pm

Love looking back at old posts! Gives me hope :)

Brandi @ new 30 something — January 9, 2013 @ 11:33 pm

OMG! This looks so good. You would post this again right in the middle of my sugar (and processed food) detox.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — January 10, 2013 @ 6:48 am

I have to laugh, it must be a breaded chicken day! Love the idea of you Ritz Crackers!!

shellyjaronsky — January 10, 2013 @ 1:56 pm

Love this! So simple…I need to go back and revamp some of my first posts.. the pictures are ridiculously embarrassing.

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — January 10, 2013 @ 3:55 pm

Ha! Forget kid-friendly, this is husband friendly! I might use a jalapeno or spicy cracker to give it some kick. I have to start going back and revamping some pictures.

Ritz Cracker Chicken and Chopped Salad | This Is This Life — January 10, 2013 @ 8:18 pm

[...] two recipes we had this week were Easy 3-Ingredient Ritz Cracker Chicken and Kitchen Sink Chopped Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing. And we would all highly recommend [...]

kelley {mountain mama cooks} — January 11, 2013 @ 9:39 am

Love the simplicity of these and I KNOW everyone in my family would love these!

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — January 11, 2013 @ 9:50 am

My mom used to make this for us growing up. It was one of our favorites!!! I need to try it again! :)

Katie — January 12, 2013 @ 11:41 am

This sounds awesome! I’m all for baked chicken strips and I know the buttery flavor in the ritz cracker makes these chicken strips taste delish! I too am starting to give my old blog post new life again!

Megan — January 13, 2013 @ 2:43 pm

i have chicken. I have wheat ritz. I have no ranch so I’m trying it with your honey mustard recipe. It’s in the oven and I’m pretty excited.

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — January 14, 2013 @ 12:26 am

I will never get tired of new ways to make chicken fingers – I love this! I like dipping my chicken in ranch anyway, so it just makes sense to use it pre-bake too! I cant wait to try this!

Mandy — January 30, 2013 @ 8:35 pm

I’m making this for dinner tonight. I’ve never had it but it sounded so good!

Sarah — February 5, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

Do you happen to have nutrition facts for these? Serving size and calories possibly? Thank you! :)

3-ingredient cracker chicken – delight — February 27, 2013 @ 1:18 pm

[...] as it doesn’t keep me in the kitchen for hours on end. When I stumbled upon this recipe for cracker chicken with only 3 ingredients, I knew it was a [...]

Jennifer — April 12, 2013 @ 7:34 pm

I’m a college student and was looking forward to making this the next time I came home. My mom and I just made it tonight and the chicken was so delicious! And so easy!
    Two of my favorite things – ranch and ritz crackers. You can’t go wrong.
    Four thumbs up from us!

heatheranne — April 29, 2013 @ 8:49 pm

Making these for the second time in 2 weeks! Its a winner chicken dinner to my toddlers! SO good! Every recipe I have made from this site has turned out perfect! Thank you!

Simone — May 7, 2013 @ 4:39 pm

I made this last night. My error was trying to do this on the stovetop – a lot of the “breading” came off HOWEVER the flavor was still in the chicken. Instead of doing ranch dressing, my husband and I took plain greek yogurt and added ranch seasoning [to avoid the mayo base]. The flavor was great and I love Ritz[we used Whole Wheat]. Will try again – but baking them next time!!

Jenny — July 16, 2013 @ 8:28 pm

I’ve made these a few times but for some reason the ranch is really wet making the crackers slide around on the chicken. Any ideas of what I’m doing wrong?

• Tina replied: — July 16th, 2013 @ 8:57 pm

Make sure you shake off the excess…