Friday, March 29, 2013

Pineapple Strawberry & Mint White Wine Sangria

Pineapple Strawberry & Mint White Wine Sangria | My Life as a Mrs

Yo foodies! Happy Good Friday to you all. I hope this post finds you well as we usher in the weekend and usher in Spring! It seems like the weather is still late to the dance for most of you. I had to brave the numbing 48 degree weather yesterday morning when I walked the dogs. Of course this weekend will be in the 70s and I’m guessing you that actually have cold weather are hating me right about now SOOOOOOO on to my Spring inspired Sangria.

Tina and I went on a date to one of our favorite restaurants, Coolinary Cafe. Since it’s arguably the best restaurant in Jupiter, there’s usually a wait. While waiting for a table, there’s only one thing to do to help pass the time; order a drink. I helped myself to a crisp black IPA and brought Tina back a berry infused sangria. She was happy and I was inspired to create my own fresh, bright, Springy sipper.

Pineapple Strawberry & Mint White Wine Sangria | My Life as a Mrs

Tina loves strawberries. I love mint. Nothing is happier in a drink than pineapple. The only hurdle: we REALLY don’t like white wine and white wine is needed for a Spring Sangria. I hope I don’t offend anyone but white wine is so unappealing. It’s either too dry or too bland. So we went to Total Wine hoping to find a bottle of white that wouldn’t jack up a good drink. Well we searched and found the needle in the haystack.

Fortunately, Total Wine was offering samples and I can’t turn down a free drink so I bellied up to the bar. While I has tasting wonderful, big Pinot and Cabs, I read the description card for the one lowly white on the bar. The words “fresh cut lemon and lime, fruity characters with layers of citrus flavors, and a crisp refreshing finish” drew me in so I sampled and found the BEST white wine I’ve ever tasted. Do yourself a favor and find Phebus Torrontes and buy it. It’s a wonderful wine from Argentina with all of bright flavor of a riesling but has a perfect balance of sweetness and citrusy tartness. Bottom line, it’s the perfect backbone for a Sangria.

Pineapple Strawberry & Mint White Wine Sangria | My Life as a Mrs

The rest was easy. Remember, just follow the 4 guidelines to making classic Sangria.
1. wine
2. spirits (liquor and/or liqueour)
3. sweeteners (simple syrup or fruit juice)
4. sliced fruit

Pineapple Strawberry & Mint White Wine Sangria | My Life as a Mrs

This drink was amazing. Every sip is bursting with fresh, sweet, tart and fruity flavors. Even the chucks of diced fruit soak up the goodness and make for a sweet little snack when the glass is empty. And the glass empties fast with this drink.

Cheers!

-The Hubs

Pineapple Strawberry & Mint White Wine Sangria

Yield: Pitcher of Sangria

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

750 ml bottle of semi dry white wine (I HIGHLY recommend Phebus Torrontes Argentina white wine)
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup silver rum
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup simple syrup
1 cup diced pineapple
1 cup diced strawberries
3-4 sprigs mint, gently squeezed with hands to release the oils

Add all ingredients to a pitcher, stir, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld. Pour over Ice and garnish with additional fruit & mint if desired.

21 Responses to “Pineapple Strawberry & Mint White Wine Sangria”

Katie — March 29, 2013 @ 7:48 am

This looks and sounds amazing. My husband and I are just like you guys; however, we LOVE wine! I’ll have to give this recipe a try!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — March 29, 2013 @ 8:13 am

Looks SO refreshing! Love the beautiful colors!

April @BarbellsandBellinis — March 29, 2013 @ 9:50 am

Perfect for use for the mint sitting on my front porch! Yum!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — March 29, 2013 @ 9:52 am

This is gorgeous!! almost too pretty to drink!

Brittni — March 29, 2013 @ 10:00 am

The weather has been gorgeous here lately, so I would definitely take a glass of this while sitting outside! Looks delish!

Kim (Soliloquy Of Food & Such) — March 29, 2013 @ 11:31 am

pinnnnniiinnng!! ~said like Charlie Sheen~

Nutmeg Nanny — March 29, 2013 @ 11:41 am

Oh, I love sangria :) this one looks so refreshingly delicious, perfect for when the heat rolls in!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — March 29, 2013 @ 5:51 pm

This sounds so good! I’m excited to get back into light, crisp refreshing warm weather drinks. I laughed that you were freezing at 48 degrees cuz it’s been the same for me every morning here in Cali…then it hits 70 in the afternoon! Poor us!

I’m with you – red wine beats white wine 9 times out of 10 for me! Sometimes it’s a must when the weather is hot and you need a chilled glass of wine though ;)

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — March 29, 2013 @ 6:35 pm

Oh my goodness, I can SO see myself serving this at every spring/summer party this year! Great recipe!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — March 29, 2013 @ 6:38 pm

Mmm love the sound of this! AND love your new design!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — March 30, 2013 @ 12:54 am

Strawberries in sangria are my favorite. This looks so refreshing!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — March 30, 2013 @ 8:50 am

Yummy! Love all the flavors you combined together! I can only imagine how wonderful it must taste.

jessica okon — March 30, 2013 @ 7:16 pm

trying this for Easter!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — April 1, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

I can see myself making this allll summer long! Looks amazing, Tina! So refreshing.

Lane @ Supper for a Steal — April 2, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

Great use for my mint plant! I can’t wait to make this sangria soon.

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — April 2, 2013 @ 11:37 pm

I LOVE sangria! This combo sounds fantastic..and I just so happen to have everything on hand! Woohoo!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — April 3, 2013 @ 12:48 am

I need a big fat, huge bucket of this!! Hello gorgeous!

Annalise — April 9, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

You have the BEST sangria recipes. Can’t wait to try this one. Perfect for spring!

katie — April 15, 2013 @ 3:04 pm

This sangria looks amazing! Love the idea of adding mint!

The Weekend Roundup. | Create love, Design life. — July 29, 2013 @ 12:48 am

[...] of fish & had drinks with friends. My contribution was a pitcher of sangria. I was dying to try this recipe from My Life As A Mrs and I think it came out pretty good! Only thing is I should have tripled the [...]

Billie Denise — July 29, 2013 @ 12:53 am

I tried this recipe this weekend and it was sooo good. I used Captain Morgan’s Silver Rum & Kris Pinot Grigio. I added extra rum and extra fruit then let it sit over night. It was delicious! *Note: Eat the fruit – It’s boozy! Haha. I just posted pics of it on my blog. ;)