Friday, June 14, 2013

I have some explaining to do…

I feel like I have some explaining to do.

Let’s be honest… I have been quite sporadic over here with the posting.

I’m sure many of you thought it was due to us purchasing and renovating our “new” home (partially the problem)

Or due to the fact that we had to put our favorite dog down (also added to it)

But I have some fessing up to do…

I’ve been really REALLY sick.

Like throwing up sick.

Like… I can’t stand the thought of cooking sick.

Like… so gosh darn GLORIOUSLY sick!

Gloriously?! You may ask??

Well… it’s been 3 years in the making.

1 miscarriage, rounds and rounds of crazy injections, a failed IVF cycle… and now THIS (the most beautiful sight I’ve EVER seen):

baby

Ephesians 3:20-21 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

God is SO good! Thank you all for your prayers over the past 3 years! God has heard and blessed us beyond our wildest dreams!

I’ll be back to give you all the details SOON but I wanted to officially announce the wonderful news!

xoxo -Tina

To answer a few questions I KNOW ya’ll will have:

1. I’m 12 1/2 weeks along (AKA 3 months)
  2. Yes, I am actually due on December 25th – Christmas Day!

95 Responses to “I have some explaining to do…”

Chels R. — June 14, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

!!!! I am so so so excited for you! Congratulations!!! Best news!!! I had my son this past dec 17th! Having a Christmas baby is wonderful! I wish you the very best of a healthy pregnancy!!!

Julie @ Table for Two — June 14, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

oh my good gosh!!! that is SUCH a blessing for your little bundle of joy to be due 12/25!!! i’m so happy for you and mike!! when you told me at FBF, i seriously could not stop smiling for you two. love you!!! xoxoxo

LIsa — June 14, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

Congratulations!!!!!

Brandi — June 14, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

CONGRATS!!! You don’t know me, but I’m so happy for you. What a perfect Christmas gift for you and your family.

Amy @ The Nifty Foodie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

OMG!! Congratulations! So thrilled for you two! :-)

Michelle — June 14, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

Yay! I wondered if that was why you were posting less. Congratulations!!!

Jodie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:10 pm

This is such wonderful news! I have been following your journey as we are in a similar situation and it is so encouraging to hear a positive story . Congratulations!

Emily {Pink Tiger in the Kitchen} — June 14, 2013 @ 5:14 pm

CONGRATS TINA!!!

I was wondering about the sporadic posting and prayed it was bad news so I’m THRILLED that it was this blessing!!!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 14, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

So freaking excited for you guys! You’re gonna have one freakishly adorable and hilarious baby ;)

Jackie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:17 pm

I’m so thrilled for you mama! Happy tears, just for you :)

Cassie | Bake Your Day — June 14, 2013 @ 5:18 pm

I am so.so.so.so.so.so. HAPPY for you guys. God is so very good!

Natalie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:20 pm

So excited for you! I’m so glad God’s answer to your prayers was yes! I will be praying for a healthy pregnancy and delivery for you and baby both. :) (And PS- I’m a Christmas baby (Dec 22) and it’s really not so bad having a birthday around the holidays.)

Dianna — June 14, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

Congratulations, Tina! So excited for you! xo

Krissy — June 14, 2013 @ 5:30 pm

How exciting, congrats! This makes me so happy to see as we have suffered 2 miscarriages already and now are seeing a specialist, I just have to keep praying and be patient.

Rebecca {Foodie with Family} — June 14, 2013 @ 5:30 pm

This is such fantastic news, but I don’t need to tell you that! :-) How wondrously wonderful!!! God is great!

Kristin Lynn Connor — June 14, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

Congrats! That’s definitely a BIG NEWS and EXCITING! Every time I read stories of others who are going through infertility situation like my husband and I are as well gives us a lot of hope! Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy. <3

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — June 14, 2013 @ 5:33 pm

So excited for you! Such great news, and what a great due date!! My brother was due on the 25th too!

Sues — June 14, 2013 @ 5:40 pm

Oh my gosh!!! I had a feeling when I saw you, but obviously wasn’t going to say anything :) :) HUGE congrats!!!

katie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:45 pm

wondered when this post was coming. obviously SO excited for you. ridiculously excited. :)

leslie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:47 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh congrats!!!! I am so very excited for you! I couldn’t cook when i was pregnant either. I literally couldn’t even walk through the meat department without feeling absolutely nauseated!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — June 14, 2013 @ 5:49 pm

God is so good! What an amazing blessing and for your estimated date to be on December 25th is so awesome!

Paula — June 14, 2013 @ 5:55 pm

You know? I always read, but never write, because my English is not the best…
    But today, I can’t help it!!! Contratulations!!! Lots of congratulations!!! One million (or two!) of congratulations!!!!

How nice, what a joy!!! Like I said, I always read, so I know that it has been not easy to arrive here for you two (now three!!), I have no doubt that you deserve it, so congratulations!!!
    Enjoy being sooooooooooooo gloriously sick!! :P
    In the photos in Austing, I didn’t ever thind that you were pregnant, there was no tummy :P

And the baby will be Christmas gift, what a luck!!

rescie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

I am so happy for you. After all you’ve been through and now the best ending ever. So much love to you and your husband.

Angie — June 14, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

I am so happy for you!!!! Congrats on the baby !!!

Kristy F. — June 14, 2013 @ 7:02 pm

Oh this is so exciting for you! Congrats!

Janet — June 14, 2013 @ 7:26 pm

So happy for you! My grandson is 3 mo. old tomorrow! I see the delight in my daughter’s eyes everyday. I see how much the baby adores her. Such a blessing for your family! Congrats.

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — June 14, 2013 @ 7:48 pm

OMG! I swear, every time I read your blog I hope to hear happy baby news and I couldn’t be more excited to finally read this. So so so happy for you. Love that you’ll have a Christmas baby! What an amazing gift :)

Marie @ Little Kitchie — June 14, 2013 @ 8:18 pm

So excited for you!!! Congratulations! I LOVE the Dec 25 due date. What a joy!!!

Chelai — June 14, 2013 @ 8:30 pm

Congratulations!
    To God be the glory!

Stephanie — June 14, 2013 @ 9:03 pm

Congrats!! God is so good and he always prevails :-)

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life — June 14, 2013 @ 9:38 pm

Congrats! So happy to hear this! I was thinking about you the other day seeing all of the BlogHer instagram pics and I just *knew* you were pregnant! Had a feeling! ;) Congrats again! Enjoy very moment of it! Even though you are feeling crappy right now. It’ll get better :)

Courtney — June 14, 2013 @ 10:15 pm

Aww. That is wonderful news. Being pregnant is one big magical and unpleasant experience. So, glad it finally happened for you. Best wishes!

Valerie — June 14, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!

And thank you for giving me more hope in my own journey to try to get pregnant! :)

Adrienne — June 15, 2013 @ 12:05 am

Omg!!! Congratulations to you and “the hubs” :)

The Mistress of Spices — June 15, 2013 @ 4:01 am

Congratulations!!! So happy for you, as I’ve been following your blog for a while and read about your difficulty in TTC. What sweet news! And we’re also expecting our first in mid-October. Enjoy your pregnancy and hope that all goes well!

Jeanie — June 15, 2013 @ 4:16 am

This post really made me smile! Congratulations and may His Blessings continue to rain down on you.

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche — June 15, 2013 @ 5:17 am

Congratulations Tina! That’s such exciting news! Hope you’re well!

Jill Hartley — June 15, 2013 @ 6:30 am

Congrats and very excited for you! We are due on Dec 21!!! It’s a crazy, awesome, amazing, puke filled wild ride!!!

Jennie — June 15, 2013 @ 7:21 am

I have to say I am absolutely thrilled, tears in my eyes thrilled! Your sweet personality and loving nature has come through your postings. Whenever I open one of the posts you send, I hope you will be making this announcement! I know you will be a wonderful mother and I am so pleased that you will be able to welcome this miracle into your and your husband’s life. Enjoy!!!

Heather — June 15, 2013 @ 7:22 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I cried tears of joy when I read this!!

Pam — June 15, 2013 @ 7:54 am

I love the Santa hat, you crazy kooky girl. Love you!

Jessica — June 15, 2013 @ 8:15 am

Congratulations to you and your hubby. I have been following your blog through this trying time and I am so happy to read another God story :) my husband and I just started trying and I don’t know what’s in store for us, but your story and others give me the hope and encouragement to praise Him in through the journey. Praying your morning sickness passes soon!

Meredith — June 15, 2013 @ 8:43 am

Congratulations :)

Beth Anne — June 15, 2013 @ 8:54 am

So exciting God is so good!! :))

Sandra — June 15, 2013 @ 8:59 am

Praise be to God!!!!!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — June 15, 2013 @ 9:18 am

Congrats!! Sorry you had to go through all of that, but now you have a bundle of joy as a Christmas gift! I am so happy for you and your Hubby!

Lisa G — June 15, 2013 @ 9:29 am

God is SO awesome!!

Natalie — June 15, 2013 @ 10:11 am

Woohoo! God is indeed good! I wondered if you were pregnant because something looked different about you in all the blog her photos. Congratulations!!!! Thank you Lord!

Heather — June 15, 2013 @ 10:18 am

My heart is overwhelmed with happiness for you right now sweet girl! As someone who miscarried before our little guy, it’s hard to know at the time, but all of the other things that happened before this sweet child will only make you love him/her even more. And you will see that you were only ever made to be his/her momma :)

Congratulations!!!

the redneck princess — June 15, 2013 @ 10:30 am

Congratulations Tina!! My birthday is Christmas day too!! I look forward to updates and hope you stop being sick soon xo

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — June 15, 2013 @ 10:53 am

This makes me SO happy!!!!!! What an incredible answer to prayer. So excited for you two, and inspired by your bravery, strength and hope that has brought you to this point. This is going to be the best Christmas!!! :)

Bev @ Bev Cooks — June 15, 2013 @ 11:13 am

Yayayayayayayay!!!! :) :)

Stephanie — June 15, 2013 @ 11:47 am

Congratulations!! So happy for you and love hearing that your faith pulled you through! Good luck

Joy Wilson Poole — June 15, 2013 @ 12:02 pm

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) — June 15, 2013 @ 12:51 pm

I had chills when I read this post! I’m so happy for y’all!!!!! Ever since you shared your struggles on your blog, you have been in my thoughts and prayers, as I know how those struggles are so overwhelming. Every time you had a post, I always hoped you had great news to share and now it is here! Congratulations!

Cris Fitz — June 15, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

Congratulations!! I’ve never commented, but I’m 32 weeks pregnant, and this brought tears to my eyes :) Feel well!

sandy axelrod — June 15, 2013 @ 2:21 pm

Mazel Tov!! I am so happy for you and the hubs. I know how difficult a time you have had. I remember your gut wrenching post about the miscarriage. G-d definitely has a plan for us but he sure works his magic in strange ways. I am so excited for you. Make sure to keep us posted on journey toward parenthood. Feel well and be well.

Sara — June 16, 2013 @ 5:27 pm

A BIG congratulations to you!! Hope you’ll be feel better now that the first trimester is coming to an end! :)

Melinda — June 16, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

Aw Tina congratulations!! I have been following you on here and IG for a while now and have been hoping for you two! I’m so happy for you :)

Siva — June 16, 2013 @ 9:08 pm

I am so genuinely happy for you guys. I read through your blog and I just wanted to let you know that its good to hear such good news. Congrats!

Simone — June 17, 2013 @ 8:43 am

God is so good! He hears our deepest cries! This is so neat, I actually started following your blogs when one of your posts was talking about your IVF cycle. Just got chills when I read this :] Congrats and any of us will let you have this beautiful excuse to not blog every day :]

angela — June 17, 2013 @ 9:52 am

What FANTASTIC news! so happy for you guys!!!

Kristi — June 17, 2013 @ 9:57 am

Congratulations! I’ve been following your blog and hoping to see this news each time I read a new post! We are welcoming our first in just a few short weeks, enjoy the amazing journey!!

Lisa Y. — June 17, 2013 @ 10:36 am

I just recently started following your blog – really enjoy it. Although I didn’t have to go to the IVF lengths that you had to for this precious gift I know from experience you are beyond ecstatic for the little nugget inside of you. I wish you and your husband all the best. My little nugget had a due date of December 23 but decided to make a little earlier entrance on Dec. 17. He’s now 8 – so it’ll fly by. Don’t forget to breathe once in awhile and take it all in! Congratulations!

Suzanne — June 17, 2013 @ 11:02 am

Congrats Tina such wonderful news..I’ve been following your blog for some time. I had the same issue with cooking during the first trimester…it does go away…you have so much fun ahead!

Judy E — June 17, 2013 @ 11:40 am

I was hoping that was it! Enjoy the rest of the pregnancy….and get your husband back on cocktail Fridays, so we can all celebrate! You can have a mocktail!

Annalise — June 17, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

Congrats Tina!!! So excited for you! I struggled with getting pregnant also so I can completely understand how happy you are to be pregnant and sick! Hope this part passes quickly for you, though. Best wishes!

Aggie — June 17, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

My heart is bursting for you!!! What wonderful news! Congratulations!!

Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!!

angela @ another bite please — June 17, 2013 @ 2:34 pm

Congratulations!!!! how EXCITING…God is good…i love the scripture verse…He is with us everyday hearing our prayers!!!!

Julie — June 17, 2013 @ 2:49 pm

AHHH CONGRATULATIONS!! I literally squealed when I saw your instagram hinting about his post. I am SO happy for you and your husband; what a blessing. God is SO GOOD! What a beautiful reminder of His faithfulness and love. Praying for a smooth, uneventful pregnancy and healthy baby!

TSA — June 17, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

Oh my goodness!!! As soon as I read that you’ve been “throwing up sick” I KNEW this was IT! I have goosebumps right now! I am only 22 years old (in my first year of med school) and have no plans of having children in the near future but something about your story just really touched me. I’ve been following your blog for a while, and you don’t know how many prayers I have said for you and “the hubs.” Although I’m not the same religion as you, prayers are prayers and I am so incredibly happy that God has blessed you with this! I hope you have a wondeful, healthy pregnancy!

Sara @ Confectionary Tales — June 17, 2013 @ 6:03 pm

Congratulations Tina! That is SO exciting and I am so happy for you and your husband. You deserve this and I wish you the best with the pregnancy and look forward to more updates!

Carly — June 17, 2013 @ 7:51 pm

Congrats! So happy for you guys. You have been such an inspiration and blessing to me, as my husband and I are also going through infertility struggles. Many prayers for a healthy pregnancy!

Krissy — June 17, 2013 @ 8:52 pm

I remember reading about your struggles and saying a silent prayer for you….Congrats!! And cooking is soooo hard when you are sick like that! Take help from others who offer…Many blessings.

Josie — June 17, 2013 @ 9:48 pm

SO happy for you – many many congrats!!

Rachek — June 18, 2013 @ 1:04 pm

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you, i am 8 months preggo myself and had a very rough couple of months with the nausea. Ask your dr about zophran, it was a MIRACLE for me. All the best!

Mackenzie {SusieFreakingHomemaker} — June 18, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

I have been WAITING for this post! Congratulations to you both! I couldn’t be happier for you!

Angela @ The Dancer Bakes — June 18, 2013 @ 3:40 pm

I am so happy for you!!
    And I have to say: I’ve felt drawn to the story of your struggle with infertility since I read your post about the miscarriage. My mom’s first pregnancy was a miscarriage, and I learned very young how hard it is for a mother to lose a child. It’s a plight that breaks my heart more than anything. You and your husband have been in and out of my prayers since I first discovered your blog, and I’m so thrilled to hear of God’s continued goodness and this ultimate blessing He’s given to you now!! All my best to you and your growing family, and thank you so much for sharing and bringing me closer to God :)

Kristy @ Sweet Treats & More — June 18, 2013 @ 3:48 pm

Congratulations!! So exciting!!

Diana — June 18, 2013 @ 5:41 pm

CONGRATS TINA !!!! MANY BLESSINGS !

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — June 18, 2013 @ 5:48 pm

I’m late to the party! I’m SO incredibly happy for you guys! This is such wonderful news!

Nutmeg Nanny — June 18, 2013 @ 11:37 pm

Oh wow, oh my goodness! I am so happy for you :) congratulations!

Rachel Cooks — June 19, 2013 @ 8:46 am

SUCH amazing news! :-D YAYYYYYY! And so cool that he/she is due on Christmas. A miracle from God. Such great news!!!

Gissi Jimenez — June 19, 2013 @ 10:37 am

Congrats! a new life is always such great news :D

Tina — June 19, 2013 @ 11:41 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So excited for you :)

Shawnda — June 19, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

I am so very very happy for you guys!

brandi — June 19, 2013 @ 4:16 pm

i’m so, so happy for you guys :) give mike a big hug from me!! so glad i got to see you in austin!

sara — June 19, 2013 @ 7:38 pm

I just happened across this site looking for a chicken parmesan recipe- and after literally just getting back from seeing a fertility specialist it felt so meant to be that I saw this! It is nice to see that even after all the years of your attempts to get pregnant it finally happened! I myself have been trying for 3 years with all the injections and IUI’s and what-not- making the move to IVF next. Your post & all of the other comments on here are making me realize that it really can happen.
    Cant wait to explore more of this blog!

Rachel — June 20, 2013 @ 8:26 am

CONGRATUALTIONS!!! You are going to make a wonderful Mommy :) No one has deserved this as much as you. All things are possible through God, truly. YAY!!

Kimmy — June 20, 2013 @ 6:55 pm

Fab news! Yay xx

Anita at Hungry Couple — June 21, 2013 @ 9:31 am

Big congratulations, Tina!

Carla @ Carlas Confections — June 24, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

Ahh!! I am so excited for you guys!!! (sorry it took me so long to comment on this!) What a true Christmas miracle! I am keeping you and your gorgeous family in my prayers! Xoxo

Lilyb — July 10, 2013 @ 11:02 pm

Stopped in for the first time on your blog accidentally when doing a search for a recipe. I didn’t start at the most recent month as a result. I’m a nurse practitioner so the endometrial study a while back caught my attention. After looking at multiple wonderful recipes on your blog, I backtracked to go through each month to find out if God had blessed you yet with a baby. I’m so happy to read this post that you are expecting a Christmas bundle of joy! How appropriate that this is a Christmas baby! I will pray that you have a safe pregnancy and delivery of a healthy baby. God Bless you! PS – the nausea and vomitting should start to get better soon!

Shobelyn Dayrit — July 11, 2013 @ 12:57 pm

I was crying when I read this.Ifound your blog from Annie’s Eats and I love reading your post.God bless you.

Magan — July 12, 2013 @ 10:07 am

So happy for you and your hubby!! Wish you a happy pregnancy and all the bleesings in the world!!!