Friday, June 14, 2013

I have some explaining to do…

I feel like I have some explaining to do.

Let’s be honest… I have been quite sporadic over here with the posting.

I’m sure many of you thought it was due to us purchasing and renovating our “new” home (partially the problem)

Or due to the fact that we had to put our favorite dog down (also added to it)

But I have some fessing up to do…

I’ve been really REALLY sick.

Like throwing up sick.

Like… I can’t stand the thought of cooking sick.

Like… so gosh darn GLORIOUSLY sick!

Gloriously?! You may ask??

Well… it’s been 3 years in the making.

1 miscarriage, rounds and rounds of crazy injections, a failed IVF cycle… and now THIS (the most beautiful sight I’ve EVER seen):

baby

Ephesians 3:20-21 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

God is SO good! Thank you all for your prayers over the past 3 years! God has heard and blessed us beyond our wildest dreams!

I’ll be back to give you all the details SOON but I wanted to officially announce the wonderful news!

xoxo -Tina

To answer a few questions I KNOW ya’ll will have:

1. I’m 12 1/2 weeks along (AKA 3 months)
  2. Yes, I am actually due on December 25th – Christmas Day!

95 Responses to “I have some explaining to do…”

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — June 15, 2013 @ 10:53 am

This makes me SO happy!!!!!! What an incredible answer to prayer. So excited for you two, and inspired by your bravery, strength and hope that has brought you to this point. This is going to be the best Christmas!!! 🙂

Bev @ Bev Cooks — June 15, 2013 @ 11:13 am

Yayayayayayayay!!!! 🙂 🙂

Stephanie — June 15, 2013 @ 11:47 am

Congratulations!! So happy for you and love hearing that your faith pulled you through! Good luck

Joy Wilson Poole — June 15, 2013 @ 12:02 pm

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) — June 15, 2013 @ 12:51 pm

I had chills when I read this post! I’m so happy for y’all!!!!! Ever since you shared your struggles on your blog, you have been in my thoughts and prayers, as I know how those struggles are so overwhelming. Every time you had a post, I always hoped you had great news to share and now it is here! Congratulations!

Cris Fitz — June 15, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

Congratulations!! I’ve never commented, but I’m 32 weeks pregnant, and this brought tears to my eyes 🙂 Feel well!

sandy axelrod — June 15, 2013 @ 2:21 pm

Mazel Tov!! I am so happy for you and the hubs. I know how difficult a time you have had. I remember your gut wrenching post about the miscarriage. G-d definitely has a plan for us but he sure works his magic in strange ways. I am so excited for you. Make sure to keep us posted on journey toward parenthood. Feel well and be well.

Sara — June 16, 2013 @ 5:27 pm

A BIG congratulations to you!! Hope you’ll be feel better now that the first trimester is coming to an end! 🙂

Melinda — June 16, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

Aw Tina congratulations!! I have been following you on here and IG for a while now and have been hoping for you two! I’m so happy for you 🙂

Siva — June 16, 2013 @ 9:08 pm

I am so genuinely happy for you guys. I read through your blog and I just wanted to let you know that its good to hear such good news. Congrats!

Simone — June 17, 2013 @ 8:43 am

God is so good! He hears our deepest cries! This is so neat, I actually started following your blogs when one of your posts was talking about your IVF cycle. Just got chills when I read this :] Congrats and any of us will let you have this beautiful excuse to not blog every day :]

angela — June 17, 2013 @ 9:52 am

What FANTASTIC news! so happy for you guys!!!

Kristi — June 17, 2013 @ 9:57 am

Congratulations! I’ve been following your blog and hoping to see this news each time I read a new post! We are welcoming our first in just a few short weeks, enjoy the amazing journey!!

Lisa Y. — June 17, 2013 @ 10:36 am

I just recently started following your blog – really enjoy it. Although I didn’t have to go to the IVF lengths that you had to for this precious gift I know from experience you are beyond ecstatic for the little nugget inside of you. I wish you and your husband all the best. My little nugget had a due date of December 23 but decided to make a little earlier entrance on Dec. 17. He’s now 8 – so it’ll fly by. Don’t forget to breathe once in awhile and take it all in! Congratulations!

Suzanne — June 17, 2013 @ 11:02 am

Congrats Tina such wonderful news..I’ve been following your blog for some time. I had the same issue with cooking during the first trimester…it does go away…you have so much fun ahead!

Judy E — June 17, 2013 @ 11:40 am

I was hoping that was it! Enjoy the rest of the pregnancy….and get your husband back on cocktail Fridays, so we can all celebrate! You can have a mocktail!

Annalise — June 17, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

Congrats Tina!!! So excited for you! I struggled with getting pregnant also so I can completely understand how happy you are to be pregnant and sick! Hope this part passes quickly for you, though. Best wishes!

Aggie — June 17, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

My heart is bursting for you!!! What wonderful news! Congratulations!!

Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!!

angela @ another bite please — June 17, 2013 @ 2:34 pm

Congratulations!!!! how EXCITING…God is good…i love the scripture verse…He is with us everyday hearing our prayers!!!!

Julie — June 17, 2013 @ 2:49 pm

AHHH CONGRATULATIONS!! I literally squealed when I saw your instagram hinting about his post. I am SO happy for you and your husband; what a blessing. God is SO GOOD! What a beautiful reminder of His faithfulness and love. Praying for a smooth, uneventful pregnancy and healthy baby!

TSA — June 17, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

Oh my goodness!!! As soon as I read that you’ve been “throwing up sick” I KNEW this was IT! I have goosebumps right now! I am only 22 years old (in my first year of med school) and have no plans of having children in the near future but something about your story just really touched me. I’ve been following your blog for a while, and you don’t know how many prayers I have said for you and “the hubs.” Although I’m not the same religion as you, prayers are prayers and I am so incredibly happy that God has blessed you with this! I hope you have a wondeful, healthy pregnancy!

Sara @ Confectionary Tales — June 17, 2013 @ 6:03 pm

Congratulations Tina! That is SO exciting and I am so happy for you and your husband. You deserve this and I wish you the best with the pregnancy and look forward to more updates!

Carly — June 17, 2013 @ 7:51 pm

Congrats! So happy for you guys. You have been such an inspiration and blessing to me, as my husband and I are also going through infertility struggles. Many prayers for a healthy pregnancy!

Krissy — June 17, 2013 @ 8:52 pm

I remember reading about your struggles and saying a silent prayer for you….Congrats!! And cooking is soooo hard when you are sick like that! Take help from others who offer…Many blessings.

Josie — June 17, 2013 @ 9:48 pm

SO happy for you – many many congrats!!

Rachek — June 18, 2013 @ 1:04 pm

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you, i am 8 months preggo myself and had a very rough couple of months with the nausea. Ask your dr about zophran, it was a MIRACLE for me. All the best!

Mackenzie {SusieFreakingHomemaker} — June 18, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

I have been WAITING for this post! Congratulations to you both! I couldn’t be happier for you!

Angela @ The Dancer Bakes — June 18, 2013 @ 3:40 pm

I am so happy for you!!
    And I have to say: I’ve felt drawn to the story of your struggle with infertility since I read your post about the miscarriage. My mom’s first pregnancy was a miscarriage, and I learned very young how hard it is for a mother to lose a child. It’s a plight that breaks my heart more than anything. You and your husband have been in and out of my prayers since I first discovered your blog, and I’m so thrilled to hear of God’s continued goodness and this ultimate blessing He’s given to you now!! All my best to you and your growing family, and thank you so much for sharing and bringing me closer to God 🙂

Kristy @ Sweet Treats & More — June 18, 2013 @ 3:48 pm

Congratulations!! So exciting!!

Diana — June 18, 2013 @ 5:41 pm

CONGRATS TINA !!!! MANY BLESSINGS !

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — June 18, 2013 @ 5:48 pm

I’m late to the party! I’m SO incredibly happy for you guys! This is such wonderful news!

Nutmeg Nanny — June 18, 2013 @ 11:37 pm

Oh wow, oh my goodness! I am so happy for you 🙂 congratulations!

Rachel Cooks — June 19, 2013 @ 8:46 am

SUCH amazing news! 😀 YAYYYYYY! And so cool that he/she is due on Christmas. A miracle from God. Such great news!!!

Gissi Jimenez — June 19, 2013 @ 10:37 am

Congrats! a new life is always such great news 😀

Tina — June 19, 2013 @ 11:41 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So excited for you 🙂

Shawnda — June 19, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

I am so very very happy for you guys!

brandi — June 19, 2013 @ 4:16 pm

i’m so, so happy for you guys 🙂 give mike a big hug from me!! so glad i got to see you in austin!

sara — June 19, 2013 @ 7:38 pm

I just happened across this site looking for a chicken parmesan recipe- and after literally just getting back from seeing a fertility specialist it felt so meant to be that I saw this! It is nice to see that even after all the years of your attempts to get pregnant it finally happened! I myself have been trying for 3 years with all the injections and IUI’s and what-not- making the move to IVF next. Your post & all of the other comments on here are making me realize that it really can happen.
    Cant wait to explore more of this blog!

Rachel — June 20, 2013 @ 8:26 am

CONGRATUALTIONS!!! You are going to make a wonderful Mommy 🙂 No one has deserved this as much as you. All things are possible through God, truly. YAY!!

Kimmy — June 20, 2013 @ 6:55 pm

Fab news! Yay xx

Anita at Hungry Couple — June 21, 2013 @ 9:31 am

Big congratulations, Tina!

Carla @ Carlas Confections — June 24, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

Ahh!! I am so excited for you guys!!! (sorry it took me so long to comment on this!) What a true Christmas miracle! I am keeping you and your gorgeous family in my prayers! Xoxo

Lilyb — July 10, 2013 @ 11:02 pm

Stopped in for the first time on your blog accidentally when doing a search for a recipe. I didn’t start at the most recent month as a result. I’m a nurse practitioner so the endometrial study a while back caught my attention. After looking at multiple wonderful recipes on your blog, I backtracked to go through each month to find out if God had blessed you yet with a baby. I’m so happy to read this post that you are expecting a Christmas bundle of joy! How appropriate that this is a Christmas baby! I will pray that you have a safe pregnancy and delivery of a healthy baby. God Bless you! PS – the nausea and vomitting should start to get better soon!

Shobelyn Dayrit — July 11, 2013 @ 12:57 pm

I was crying when I read this.Ifound your blog from Annie’s Eats and I love reading your post.God bless you.

Magan — July 12, 2013 @ 10:07 am

So happy for you and your hubby!! Wish you a happy pregnancy and all the bleesings in the world!!!