Friday, June 14, 2013

I have some explaining to do…

I feel like I have some explaining to do.

Let’s be honest… I have been quite sporadic over here with the posting.

I’m sure many of you thought it was due to us purchasing and renovating our “new” home (partially the problem)

Or due to the fact that we had to put our favorite dog down (also added to it)

But I have some fessing up to do…

I’ve been really REALLY sick.

Like throwing up sick.

Like… I can’t stand the thought of cooking sick.

Like… so gosh darn GLORIOUSLY sick!

Gloriously?! You may ask??

Well… it’s been 3 years in the making.

1 miscarriage, rounds and rounds of crazy injections, a failed IVF cycle… and now THIS (the most beautiful sight I’ve EVER seen):

baby

Ephesians 3:20-21 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

God is SO good! Thank you all for your prayers over the past 3 years! God has heard and blessed us beyond our wildest dreams!

I’ll be back to give you all the details SOON but I wanted to officially announce the wonderful news!

xoxo -Tina

To answer a few questions I KNOW ya’ll will have:

1. I’m 12 1/2 weeks along (AKA 3 months)
  2. Yes, I am actually due on December 25th – Christmas Day!

95 Responses to “I have some explaining to do…”

Chels R. — June 14, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

!!!! I am so so so excited for you! Congratulations!!! Best news!!! I had my son this past dec 17th! Having a Christmas baby is wonderful! I wish you the very best of a healthy pregnancy!!!

Julie @ Table for Two — June 14, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

oh my good gosh!!! that is SUCH a blessing for your little bundle of joy to be due 12/25!!! i’m so happy for you and mike!! when you told me at FBF, i seriously could not stop smiling for you two. love you!!! xoxoxo

LIsa — June 14, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

Congratulations!!!!!

Brandi — June 14, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

CONGRATS!!! You don’t know me, but I’m so happy for you. What a perfect Christmas gift for you and your family.

Amy @ The Nifty Foodie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

OMG!! Congratulations! So thrilled for you two! 🙂

Michelle — June 14, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

Yay! I wondered if that was why you were posting less. Congratulations!!!

Jodie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:10 pm

This is such wonderful news! I have been following your journey as we are in a similar situation and it is so encouraging to hear a positive story . Congratulations!

Emily {Pink Tiger in the Kitchen} — June 14, 2013 @ 5:14 pm

CONGRATS TINA!!!

I was wondering about the sporadic posting and prayed it was bad news so I’m THRILLED that it was this blessing!!!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 14, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

So freaking excited for you guys! You’re gonna have one freakishly adorable and hilarious baby 😉

Jackie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:17 pm

I’m so thrilled for you mama! Happy tears, just for you 🙂

Cassie | Bake Your Day — June 14, 2013 @ 5:18 pm

I am so.so.so.so.so.so. HAPPY for you guys. God is so very good!

Natalie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:20 pm

So excited for you! I’m so glad God’s answer to your prayers was yes! I will be praying for a healthy pregnancy and delivery for you and baby both. 🙂 (And PS- I’m a Christmas baby (Dec 22) and it’s really not so bad having a birthday around the holidays.)

Dianna — June 14, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

Congratulations, Tina! So excited for you! xo

Krissy — June 14, 2013 @ 5:30 pm

How exciting, congrats! This makes me so happy to see as we have suffered 2 miscarriages already and now are seeing a specialist, I just have to keep praying and be patient.

Rebecca {Foodie with Family} — June 14, 2013 @ 5:30 pm

This is such fantastic news, but I don’t need to tell you that! 🙂 How wondrously wonderful!!! God is great!

Kristin Lynn Connor — June 14, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

Congrats! That’s definitely a BIG NEWS and EXCITING! Every time I read stories of others who are going through infertility situation like my husband and I are as well gives us a lot of hope! Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy. <3

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — June 14, 2013 @ 5:33 pm

So excited for you! Such great news, and what a great due date!! My brother was due on the 25th too!

Sues — June 14, 2013 @ 5:40 pm

Oh my gosh!!! I had a feeling when I saw you, but obviously wasn’t going to say anything 🙂 🙂 HUGE congrats!!!

katie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:45 pm

wondered when this post was coming. obviously SO excited for you. ridiculously excited. 🙂

leslie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:47 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh congrats!!!! I am so very excited for you! I couldn’t cook when i was pregnant either. I literally couldn’t even walk through the meat department without feeling absolutely nauseated!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — June 14, 2013 @ 5:49 pm

God is so good! What an amazing blessing and for your estimated date to be on December 25th is so awesome!

Paula — June 14, 2013 @ 5:55 pm

You know? I always read, but never write, because my English is not the best…
    But today, I can’t help it!!! Contratulations!!! Lots of congratulations!!! One million (or two!) of congratulations!!!!

How nice, what a joy!!! Like I said, I always read, so I know that it has been not easy to arrive here for you two (now three!!), I have no doubt that you deserve it, so congratulations!!!
    Enjoy being sooooooooooooo gloriously sick!! 😛
    In the photos in Austing, I didn’t ever thind that you were pregnant, there was no tummy 😛

And the baby will be Christmas gift, what a luck!!

rescie — June 14, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

I am so happy for you. After all you’ve been through and now the best ending ever. So much love to you and your husband.

Angie — June 14, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

I am so happy for you!!!! Congrats on the baby !!!

Kristy F. — June 14, 2013 @ 7:02 pm

Oh this is so exciting for you! Congrats!

Janet — June 14, 2013 @ 7:26 pm

So happy for you! My grandson is 3 mo. old tomorrow! I see the delight in my daughter’s eyes everyday. I see how much the baby adores her. Such a blessing for your family! Congrats.

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — June 14, 2013 @ 7:48 pm

OMG! I swear, every time I read your blog I hope to hear happy baby news and I couldn’t be more excited to finally read this. So so so happy for you. Love that you’ll have a Christmas baby! What an amazing gift 🙂

Marie @ Little Kitchie — June 14, 2013 @ 8:18 pm

So excited for you!!! Congratulations! I LOVE the Dec 25 due date. What a joy!!!

Chelai — June 14, 2013 @ 8:30 pm

Congratulations!
    To God be the glory!

Stephanie — June 14, 2013 @ 9:03 pm

Congrats!! God is so good and he always prevails 🙂

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life — June 14, 2013 @ 9:38 pm

Congrats! So happy to hear this! I was thinking about you the other day seeing all of the BlogHer instagram pics and I just *knew* you were pregnant! Had a feeling! 😉 Congrats again! Enjoy very moment of it! Even though you are feeling crappy right now. It’ll get better 🙂

Courtney — June 14, 2013 @ 10:15 pm

Aww. That is wonderful news. Being pregnant is one big magical and unpleasant experience. So, glad it finally happened for you. Best wishes!

Valerie — June 14, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!

And thank you for giving me more hope in my own journey to try to get pregnant! 🙂

Adrienne — June 15, 2013 @ 12:05 am

Omg!!! Congratulations to you and “the hubs” 🙂

The Mistress of Spices — June 15, 2013 @ 4:01 am

Congratulations!!! So happy for you, as I’ve been following your blog for a while and read about your difficulty in TTC. What sweet news! And we’re also expecting our first in mid-October. Enjoy your pregnancy and hope that all goes well!

Jeanie — June 15, 2013 @ 4:16 am

This post really made me smile! Congratulations and may His Blessings continue to rain down on you.

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche — June 15, 2013 @ 5:17 am

Congratulations Tina! That’s such exciting news! Hope you’re well!

Jill Hartley — June 15, 2013 @ 6:30 am

Congrats and very excited for you! We are due on Dec 21!!! It’s a crazy, awesome, amazing, puke filled wild ride!!!

Jennie — June 15, 2013 @ 7:21 am

I have to say I am absolutely thrilled, tears in my eyes thrilled! Your sweet personality and loving nature has come through your postings. Whenever I open one of the posts you send, I hope you will be making this announcement! I know you will be a wonderful mother and I am so pleased that you will be able to welcome this miracle into your and your husband’s life. Enjoy!!!

Heather — June 15, 2013 @ 7:22 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I cried tears of joy when I read this!!

Pam — June 15, 2013 @ 7:54 am

I love the Santa hat, you crazy kooky girl. Love you!

Jessica — June 15, 2013 @ 8:15 am

Congratulations to you and your hubby. I have been following your blog through this trying time and I am so happy to read another God story 🙂 my husband and I just started trying and I don’t know what’s in store for us, but your story and others give me the hope and encouragement to praise Him in through the journey. Praying your morning sickness passes soon!

Meredith — June 15, 2013 @ 8:43 am

Congratulations 🙂

Beth Anne — June 15, 2013 @ 8:54 am

So exciting God is so good!! :))

Sandra — June 15, 2013 @ 8:59 am

Praise be to God!!!!!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — June 15, 2013 @ 9:18 am

Congrats!! Sorry you had to go through all of that, but now you have a bundle of joy as a Christmas gift! I am so happy for you and your Hubby!

Lisa G — June 15, 2013 @ 9:29 am

God is SO awesome!!

Natalie — June 15, 2013 @ 10:11 am

Woohoo! God is indeed good! I wondered if you were pregnant because something looked different about you in all the blog her photos. Congratulations!!!! Thank you Lord!

Heather — June 15, 2013 @ 10:18 am

My heart is overwhelmed with happiness for you right now sweet girl! As someone who miscarried before our little guy, it’s hard to know at the time, but all of the other things that happened before this sweet child will only make you love him/her even more. And you will see that you were only ever made to be his/her momma 🙂

Congratulations!!!

the redneck princess — June 15, 2013 @ 10:30 am

Congratulations Tina!! My birthday is Christmas day too!! I look forward to updates and hope you stop being sick soon xo