Monday, July 1, 2013

Our First Home

It’s officially MOVING week… eek! The new house we purchased is finally ready for habitation after a massive cleaning, renovation, and painting process. I am SO ready!

We are moving from our 3 story town home into a 1 story single family home & I couldn’t be more excited (especially with this kiddo on the way)! ;)

But I have to say, I’m a sentimental sap and I am a bit sad to leave our first place. We have a lot of memories that we are leaving behind there. We purchased the home 2 weeks before our wedding and spent our first night there after our wedding… it’s where we celebrated our first holidays as a married couple… lived through some insane renovations… brought Maddie home to it as a puppy… said good bye to our sweet Boxer boy… stood in the kitchen ugly (happy) crying when we found out we were FINALLY pregnant… and SO many other things. I will most definitely miss our first home.

Since our town house is on the market, our realtor had a company come in and take professional photos of the place for our listing so I thought it’d be fun to do a post showing you guys the whole thing (plus I’ll have it archived for all of eternity to be able to go back and look at it)! :)

{The front of the house – ours is the one with the balcony… behind the tree}

Our 1st Place | My Life as a Mrs

{This bonus room/my office is on the first floor just off the foyer… with access to the 2 car garage – I never did quite get around to reupholstering those two chairs haha}

{Up the stairs on the 2nd floor is the Living/Family Room}

{Another view}

Our 1st Place | My Life as a Mrs

{And the dining room nook}

{The kitchen}

Our 1st Place | My Life as a Mrs

{The kitchen table with balcony access}

{The balcony/porch}

{Up the stairs on the 3rd floor is the Master Bedroom}

{Master Bathroom}

Our 1st Place | My Life as a Mrs

{Small Guest Room that we never did anything with because we wanted it to be a nursery & well that will now be happening at the new house ;)}

{Our official Guest Room}

{The guest bathroom}

Our 1st Place | My Life as a Mrs

And there you have it… Our First Home.

Bear with me this week as we pack boxes and move to the new house – it’s going to be a lot of take-out and not a lot of blog posting! I’ll be back next week!!

Thanks guys… ya’ll are the BEST!

NOTE: All Images by Home Takes

32 Responses to “Our First Home”

steph@stephsbitebybite — July 1, 2013 @ 8:07 am

It’s gorgeous!! Congratulations!

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — July 1, 2013 @ 8:24 am

Oh my goodness — SO exciting! It all looks so beautiful, Tina!

What a great year for you two! :)

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — July 1, 2013 @ 8:37 am

So gorgeous. I want it lol. So excited for your next journey!

Rachel Cooks — July 1, 2013 @ 8:55 am

Congrats! I bet it is hard to leave that gorgeous townhome and all those wonderful memories. I’m eager to move into a larger place right now but I’m sure it will be hard to say goodbye, too. Can’t wait to see photos of the new place!

Madison @ E&C — July 1, 2013 @ 8:56 am

What a beautiful place and great decorating style you have! Love it! But even more excited for you guys and your new home.

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — July 1, 2013 @ 9:05 am

Youre house is beautiful, you guys did an AMAZING job decorating, care to come do mine? ;) Congratulations on the new house, can’t wait to see what you do with that one! :)
    And of course congratulations on being pregnant, I am so incredibly happy for you, what a wonderful feeling! :)

C — July 1, 2013 @ 9:25 am

Absolutely love your house – it’s beautiful. It always amazes me how much more space you get over the pond; we live in London, and you get so much less space for your money here: 60sqm for a two bedroom house, for example. I’m jealous! ;)

Paula — July 1, 2013 @ 9:26 am

Very nice!!! Congratulations!!

It’s normal missing things fron the house you leave. Always happens. Even if you’re willing to move, even if it has things you like less, but ther are always many memories and experiences!!

Enjoy it!! It will bring new great moments, as baby arrival!!

Chelsea — July 1, 2013 @ 9:31 am

You have lovely taste! Can’t wait to see how you decorate your new home!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — July 1, 2013 @ 9:48 am

What a gorgeous first home. Loved that you were able to capture it and post about it because you will always have a memory of it. Happy moving!

Anita at Hungry Couple — July 1, 2013 @ 10:09 am

Your new home is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations.

Aubree — July 1, 2013 @ 11:06 am

Wow, you did a wonderful job decorating your home! Maybe you have a future with HGTV? :) I especially love your office and the color on the walls! really fantastic….thanks for the inspiration :)

Cheryl — July 1, 2013 @ 11:59 am

I’m so happy for you! We just moved into our first home last week :) I’ve read your blog for a long time but didn’t know you were pregnant! That’s so exciting, I know you struggled with some issues in the past, so I’m very happy for you. I got a little excited when I read it!! Your use of color is so bright and happy – I wish I could work with anything besides overly-planned neutrals.. ha!! Looking forward to seeing more on the new place!

• Tina replied: — July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:22 am

Thanks so much Cheryl! We are THRILLED! :)

Marie @ Little Kitchie — July 1, 2013 @ 1:08 pm

LOVE the place! So happy for y’all!

Laura Dowling — July 1, 2013 @ 1:49 pm

Tina, Can you please come decorate my apartment in Orlando? My roommates and I are in love with every room in the house :P

• Tina replied: — July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:23 am

haha For you, Laura… of course! ;)

Carly — July 2, 2013 @ 9:07 am

Congrats! We’re in the process of decorating our first house . . . picking out paint colors is so hard! (Seriously. I have like 3 colors of blue on our living room walls. I like NONE of them!) I love the bright blue you have in your office and the green in the kitchen – would you mind sharing what colors they are?

• Tina replied: — July 2nd, 2013 @ 2:24 pm

I know how that goes! ;) All the paint is VALSPAR brand which you get at Lowe’s… Kitchen is actually a grey color called “Seine”, office is called “Sky Space”, and two other blue’s that we LOVE and are using at the new house are called “Secluded Garden” & “Cafe Blue”. Good luck finding your perfect color! Hope this helps :)

Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) — July 2, 2013 @ 9:51 am

Wow that is gorgeous! I love all the colors! You do a great job decorating! Can I hire you? But you have to work around all the toy madness!

Nutmeg Nanny — July 2, 2013 @ 1:04 pm

Congratulations :) this is such an exciting time!

Natalie — July 2, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

Your home is beautiful and looks like a model home~ I am sure it will sell in no time! Congratulations on the new place and your growing family :)

TSA — July 5, 2013 @ 3:24 pm

Beautiful home! And congratulations on the big move! And I already said congrats about the miracle pregnancy on a different post, but I will do it again!! Congratulations on your beautiful baby coming soon! I had a horrible night last night and I was feeling so down and depressed, and felt like crap when I woke up. I spent a good hour or two feeling miserable, and then I remembered “oh my gosh, Tina is pregnant!” and it brightened my day. If a wonderful, kind, and deserving person is experiencing happiness, then my day can’t be all that bad! Other people being happy is definitely something to be happy about :)

Cheri — July 8, 2013 @ 11:14 pm

Just found your blog! Congratulations on your new home! You really are a great decorator, and I also love that green paint in your family room as well as the gray in the master bedroom. :) I know you already shared the names of the paint in the kitchen and office, but would you mind sharing the names of the paint in the family room and master bedroom too? I have been searching for a good green and gray shade for ages!

• Tina replied: — July 16th, 2013 @ 9:00 pm

The Kitchen & Master are the same color (Seine)… and the Family room is Betsy Ross House Moss (also Valspar)… everyone LOVES that green when they see it (we are painting our family room in the new house the same color!) :)

angela @ another bite please — July 9, 2013 @ 3:02 pm

congrats on your new home…it does get sad saying goodbye…but always so exciting for the new adventure. hope packing/moving/unpacking all goes well.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — July 10, 2013 @ 1:18 pm

So lovely, congratulations!! And BEST of luck! Moving is stressful but unpacking and decorating can be super fun. :)

Megan {Country Cleaver} — July 10, 2013 @ 10:28 pm

It’s adorable!!! So many congrats hun!!!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — July 11, 2013 @ 1:16 am

The house is gorgeous and I’m sure you will make your new home look and feel even better!

Julie @ Table for Two — July 18, 2013 @ 5:43 pm

WOW, your house is STUNNING. you are an amazing interior decorator/designer – wanna come do my house? it could use a ton of work! haha – goodness, i want to live there!! haha

• Julie @ Table for Two replied: — July 18th, 2013 @ 5:44 pm

just realized this one is on the market – SWEET, i’ll be your buyer ;) haha just kidding, but seriously, come design my house!!

Jarrett Holmes — March 30, 2014 @ 11:02 pm

Beautiful home and pictures. Congratulations!