Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Easy Garlic & Olive Dip

photo IMG_2237_zpsf0929380.jpg

Ya’ll it is SO H.O.T. right now.

Florida heat + pregnancy + an old A/C on the Fritz = me in the pool (ALL. THE. TIME.)

I think I would die if we didn’t have a pool at the new house. But seriously.

Anyhow, I have been so hesitant to cook anything that isn’t on the grill because, well, that daggum oven heats up my kitchen and makes me a VERY cranky pregnant woman!

My poor husband.

photo IMG_2234_zps31e1cf13.jpg

When I entertain at our house, I’m apt to make a few appetizers that typically require the oven. Well my usual go-to’s: Pecan, Brown Sugar, and Kahlua Baked Brie or Easy Cheesy Bean Dip aren’t really an option right now! I weigh out their excellence with the 5 degrees my house temperature will rise to (and stay at) and well, hormonal Tina votes for the cooler temperature! ;)

So we press on and go back to no-bake goodies like: Caprese Bruschetta, Olive Tape;ade, and Hummus.

And now this EASY garlic olive cream cheese dip. Seriously, you won’t believe how few ingredients go into this: cream cheese, grated garlic, pimento stuffed olives & juice, and pepper. Give it a whirl in the food processor and badda bing badda boom you’ve got yourself an appetizer!!

Beat the heat & stay cool, people!

You’ll find me in my pool for the next 3 months… ;)

photo IMG_2247_zps2f49333e.jpg

Easy Garlic & Olive Dip

Prep Time: 5-10 minutes

Total Time: 5-10 minutes

8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese (can use full fat if desired), softened
1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives
1 teaspoon olive juice
1-2 cloves garlic grated (I used 2 because I love me some garlic!)
cracked black pepper to taste

Add ingredients to mini food processor and pulse until well combined (scrape the sides down as needed). Serve with crackers of choice (Wheat Thins go great with this!) and/or veggie sticks.

11 Responses to “Easy Garlic & Olive Dip”

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — August 14, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

You need to come to Michigan – it’s 67 out right now!! A little cray-cray but I’m secretly thrilled. PS: i heart green olives and could eat a vat of this dip!!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — August 14, 2013 @ 6:08 pm

HAHA I would be staying in the pool too if I was pregnant. It’s too freaking hot everywhere.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — August 14, 2013 @ 8:11 pm

It is so hot out, I would love to have a pool at my house. Pregnancy is not meant for summer!

Emily @ Life on Food — August 14, 2013 @ 9:24 pm

The oven is a no no in the house during the hot months. Makes for some creative dinners. Cheese and bread are always welcomed.

Heather — August 14, 2013 @ 9:29 pm

I honestly don’t know if I could survive a summer pregnancy, especially now that I’m in the South again. The pool would DEFINITELY be my best friend!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — August 14, 2013 @ 10:02 pm

I am totally loving this!! What a fun dip!

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — August 15, 2013 @ 10:26 am

ugh pregnancy in the Summer is miserable! Come to the NE, it already feels like Fall here! AT least you have a pool to keep cool! LOVe the no-bake dips! So much quicker sometimes!

Suzanne — August 15, 2013 @ 11:28 am

Being pregnant and in love with olives anyways this dip sounds amazing…can’t wait to try it! Stay cool :)

Nutmeg Nanny — August 18, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

This is fantastic! I can never get enough garlic, this dip would be well loved at my home :)

Tracy | PeanutButter and onion — August 20, 2013 @ 9:19 am

You had me at easy! this looks awesome for my next party! Thanks

Mary S. — August 20, 2013 @ 5:47 pm

I am SO making this the next time my hubby leaves town and I get to gorge myself on all things olives, mushrooms and capers. He particularly detests green olives – while I can eat them straight from the jar!