Thursday, October 24, 2013
Normally I do this in the order of when things happened, however, today I’ve GOT to start with the MOST exciting news of all…
1. MY NEPHEW WAS BORN!!!!! He was scheduled to be evicted (aka Induced) Monday morning at 6:30 am but I got a call Sunday/Monday just after midnight from my brother saying that my sister in law went into labor naturally and they were en route to the hospital. I scrambled around and threw on some clothes and drove over right away. About 3 hours later he made his grande entrance into this world… all 7 lbs 14 ounces and 20″ long of him! Meet Jacob Daniel (perfection!):
I got to be in the room for his birth which was totally cool to witness what a miracle this whole thing is! But can I just say… HOL Y MOLY this whole having a baby in LESS THAN 9 weeks thing just got REAL. I have had nervous butterflies ever since! This is my first photo with my little buddy Jacob (Excuse the bags under my eyes… it was a LONG night) 😉
Okay, one more photo of him for good measure… I mean, come ON, look at this cuteness!
We were in charge of my niece, Kate, while my brother and sister in-law were in the hospital. So we spoiled the heck out of her with a “big girl slumber party” complete with nail painting, mac n’ cheese, princess dress, and Sophia the First viewing – followed by homemade pancakes for breakfast the next day. I mean, you gotta make a HUGE deal over the whole “being a big sister” thing! 😉
Okay, now that I’ve bombarded you will all the cuteness of my niece & nephew… on to the rest of my “lately’s”:
2. I keep getting emails from from my good ol’ friend Jenny Craig… Ummm seriously Jenny?! I’m pregnant… I’m allowed to gain weight right now!!!! Leave me alone with my ice cream and potato chips… let me enjoy my last 9 weeks in peace! mm k?
3. I had the most GORGEOUS baby shower for Miss. Peyton, thanks to my Aunt Kathy & dear friend Jess… it was absolute PERFECTION, I tell you! Most creative gift award goes to my sweet friend, Samira who happens to be an amazing calligrapher & artist…
Umm SERIOUSLY??? She MADE this! I. Die. So CUTE! I keep telling Samira she should sell them… If you guys think that’s a great idea, head over to her Etsy shop and shoot her and email and tell her you think so too!
4. Nesting is in FULL gear. Peyton’s room is finally coming along! Just a few more projects for her room, some artwork, and finishing touches and we will be READY for her arrival! Eeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
5. I cannot get enough Pumpkin right now! In my coffee, in bread, in cookies… <le sigh> I just LOVE Fall! Speaking of which, I think I’ll pop another batch of my favorite fall cookie in the oven: PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES!
6. Lastly, did you guys see my RO*TEL Queso Dip post yet?! Well you should check it out & Enter to win yourself a $100 Visa Giftcard! Perfect timing to help with Christmas gift shopping! #ad