Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Favorite Baby Products: Feeding Edition
It’s been a while since I’ve done one of my favorite baby products lists & today, I thought I would give you a list of my favorite FEEDING products! PLEASE NOTE: This is not a sponsored post. All products mentioned in this list have been purchased with my own money and I truly love! So without further ado…
For the Newbies:
1. Oxo Tot Freezer Trays: I tried all different methods when making homemade baby food and only really LOVED these freezer trays. I would make big batched of each food, spread them into these trays, freeze until solid and then immediately transfer to freezer zipper topped plastic bags that I labeled and dated. I loved that these were great for new eaters… 1 cube was the perfect amount for little miss when she was first starting solids and then as she got bigger I would mix a few different cubes to create a custom meal (1 sweet potato, 1 pear, and 1 apple for example).
2. Let’s Talk SPOONS, baby: Munchkin Soft Tip and Oxo Tot Soft Silicone. I tried ALLLLLLL kinds of spoons (the rubber tipped classic ones, ergonomic ones, cheap ones, expensive ones…). My favorite that worked with a brand new eater and lasts up until they start feeding themselves? These MUNCHKIN & OXO TOT ones. Hands. Down.
3. On to BOWLS: I started out with Munchkin BPA free bowls and later found these IKEA KALAS BPA-free bowls that I equally love. Both are great choices for feeding homemade purees (and then later, yogurt, chili and other saucy toddler dinners).
4. OXO Tot Roll-Up Bibs: Classic Terri Cloth bibs (no particular brand… just make sure they have a thicker terri cloth) are great for beginner eaters because you really just need good absorption. But once they move beyond that into finger foods I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Oxo Tot bibs! I keep a spoon/fork in it and roll it up and throw it in my bag. Great for on the go! Feed baby and roll up the mess and clean it when you get home. Love it.
5. SIPPY CUPS (I tried A TON!): Munchkin for the win again! I started little miss on the Click & Lock Trainer Cups and then quickly transitioned up to these Munchkin Straw Sippy cups (couldn’t find it on their website but I found them at Target – they also have boy character ones). I wanted to get her on the straw cups as quickly as possible but so many of them were SO hard to suck liquid through! Like… I could barely even do it. Companies were so concerned with them leaking (which NEWS flash… they all do if you start with a cold liquid… as they warm up, the liquid gets pushed through the straw. It is what it is.). I found these Munchkin ones to be great for little miss. The handles were easy to grab and the straw was one of the easier ones to suck through. Also… the handles are removable if you want!
For the Toddlers:
6. Plates: I have a few favorites…
IKEA KALAS Plates: SUPER cheap, bright colors, BPA-free… just a great classic plate!
Boon divided Trays: These have a non-skid rubber bottom edge which helps prevent the trays from sliding. The edges slope down so it’s a little harder for a toddler to pick up and throw (Not completely fail-proof but NOTHING is). Cute colors and I love that the little divided areas encourage me to get creative and give little miss lots of variety!
OXO Tot divided Plates: another favorite divided plate of mine. Also has a non-skid rubber bottom.
7. Toddler Utensils: We love this OXO Tot fork and spoon set! The plastic fork and spoons are great for starting out and letting your kid hold and “play with” but once we moved onto actually trying to teach little miss to feed herself, the metal tines were essential (it was the only way she was able to actually get food onto the utensils). We love the toddler size of these ones. Haven’t tried out too many yet but we have been happy with these!
8. AM/PM Laminated Toddler Bibs: My aunt and uncle gifted one of these to me for little miss and we fell in love with it! So much so that I went online and ordered another one. This bib is awesome for independent toddler self-feeders. It’s basically like a sleeved art smock which covers little lady’s clothes really well (allowing her to make a big ol mess while feeding herself). Just pull it off and wipe it down and you are good to go!
9. OXO Tot Nest Booster Seat: We still have our high chair out and use it on occasion, but this booster seat has been instrumental in getting little miss to try new foods. We found that if she was seated at the table with us “like a big girl” she was more apt to try new foods (especially if they came off of our plates!). More often than not, we use this transitional booster seat! LOVE it. It’s also super lightweight and easy to take on the go if needed (to grandma’s house when we visit).
Favorite Store Bought Edibles:
11. Organic Puffs: Gerber Organic Puffs. We tried Happy Baby, Plum, and others but Peyton definitely preferred the Gerber ones for some reason. I noticed they dissolved much easier than some of the others.
12. Organic Teething Wafers: Plum Little Yums Loved these. They dissolve super easy & 3 come in each packet.
13. Organic Whole Milk Yogurt: Stonyfield takes this category! At home, I keep a big tub of whole milk vanilla and scoop out individual servings (add granola and fruit for a heart breakfast!). For on the go I loved the YoBaby little tubs & (NEW) YoBaby and YoTot Squeeze Pouches (JUST DISCOVERED THESE!!!! LOVE THEM for travel and on the go.)